Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 idea for hunting show. >

idea for hunting show.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

idea for hunting show.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: idea for hunting show.

Kevin, that's one of the biggest issues I see with this. The idea and concept seem like a good idea but not too many people will watch when the majority of the bucks are 8 points or smaller.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am getting so I hate all these hunting shows. They do us no favors! They go from place to place and the man who for a living does all there scouting and hangs there stand, feeds them, sponsers dress them, and give them trucks, guns, bows,etc, etc. All they have to do is shoot. Everything else is done for them. This makes kids and adults feel like they aren't doing things right,and the nonhunters see how easy it is (We real hunters know better than that) Fairytail hunting is what I call it.
I used to like the old Rodger Ragglin (not so much todays) When he used to do all his own scouting and such on camera. Now thats what I would like to see. I don't need help watching someone shooti, I would like to learn everything that leads up to that. Lets see some scouting tech. the best type of set for stands. And most of all Why. Just my 2 cents. Mike
Old 02-15-2006, 09:28 AM

I am working on a show right now and it is hard to hear some of this stuff. I have no fancy truck mine I paid for it, I have paid for 80% of all my gear, boots, clothes, so on and so on. All my own Travel comes out of my pocket and all the time away from home.
I don't believe in any way that because I am going to hunt with a friend I have made over the years....just means I can so up and pull the trigger sorry but it never happens that way as hunters I would hope you would all know that.
Oh yea for suresome of those guys do get paid for hanging stands and scouting but every outffiter I have ever met has another full time job. I will never knock a guy that is busting his balls to make money for his family. You guys are thinking way to much Hollywood.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

The odds of a successful show greatly deminish and if they were successful, especially on a quality buck, the area would be over run with hunters and I don't think anyone who hunts public ground would want that.

I'm up in the air on that one....I don't mind them hunting private ground as long as it's not fenced.
You've got a good point.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:31 PM

what i want is more shows that entertain me i want to see a guy or gal in a tree or on the ground and let them say they have been hunting a week and saw only two does. it seems every one on tv is hunting the YO or Encanito or some other huge ranch with thousands of animals they hunt a stand some one else put up and over a food plot some one else planted. i like Drury outdoors they show the whole story planning, planting and the stand placement and the shot.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am truely sorry X I never ment to offend anyone. But you are definetly an exception. I am sure you will have to agree that the so called big names in the vidio game do pretty much what I said they do. The little guy just starting out and struggeling to make it always makes a better product in my opion. Thats why you hear everyone say I liked them better when they first started. Most do get paid by sponsors, get free hunts to advertise the service,etc. I am truly sorry I ofended you. I am looking very forward to seeing your production let us know when its ready. Mike

Old 02-16-2006, 09:58 AM

No hard feelings Mike, I will try to remeber all I can about everyone's comments and try to make a show that will be that much better I want guys like you to enjoywhat you watch. I hope when you have free time sit down and watch somthing that is going to be a hunting show that iswith-in your and every guys reach. We will be hunting all state-land NO we can't but we will hunt it sometimes and we may hunt with an outfitterwho does not charge an arm and a leg so that you and me and the reg/joe could hunt like that one day.
Thanks