Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Antler Restrictions >

Antler Restrictions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
45.24%
No
50.00%
Coming soon
4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Antler Restrictions

Old 02-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Antler Restrictions

Do you hunt in a state with some sort of antler restrictions or do you know of legislation including AR's coming soon?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Antler Restrictions

I've got a yellow postcard that needs to be sent in to the Dept. of Conservation sitting on my desk; it'll be marked "yes."

If we could curb the "if-it's-brown-it's-down" philosophy around here, maybe I wouldn't have to travel out of state to hunt for decent-sized bucks.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I've got a yellow postcard that needs to be sent in to the Dept. of Conservation sitting on my desk; it'll be marked "yes."

If we could curb the "if-it's-brown-it's-down" philosophy around here, maybe I wouldn't have to travel out of state to hunt for decent-sized bucks.
Is the "yellow postcard" a suvey or questionairre? I agree that something needs to be done in Missouri, including, IMO, getting the guns out of the rut.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure what you'd call it, Wolfen... It's just got two questions on it, one asking which county I hunt most often in Missouri, and the other if I am or am not in favor of the 4-point rule.

I guess it's just a questionaire, as I voluntarily picked it up at a local bow shop; no one called me so there will be no statistical data of relevance other than simply those who take the time to not only look at these laying on the counter, but also take it home, fill it out and drop it in the mailbox.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

I know not of any impending legislation on antler restrictions in Illinois........would not work here anyway. We do not have check stations nor do we have near enough game wardens.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have them here in PA. Even though there are some people saying they arent working. Believe me they are. I am sure there will be more PA people replying to this.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:57 PM

I love antler restrictions. They are working pretty good here in northern MO. The only thing I am seeing is when people shoot illegal bucks they leave them in the field. Thats just not right.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

im from PA also....we have em....i am having mixed feelings about them....mainly because we had a major herd reduction in the past few years as well as ARs.....although im seeing bucks now(before i rarely ever seen a buck in deer season..id see a few a year out ofrifle season(dont bow hunt yet) but now im seeing bucks all year..weve always had hidden bigguns around...i actually seen alot of rackers before AR......i dont know...i think part of the problem is slob hunters still taking anything they want...and YES it happens WAY too often.....and kids being allowed to take any buck they want...im all for kids having the opportunity...but i think it may fail because of it....and so many "dads" take a 4pt and tag it with little johnnys tag....part of the reason im looking forward to bowhunting oh so much....more time to hunt....less people hunting them....more time to count and put points on them antlers.....and i just alwaaays see bucks when im fall turkey or small game hunting..always in bow range....sitting there with a stupid look on my face....atleast last year i got a few pics lol.....on memorable day me and dad were fall turkey hunting...moving around trying to find a flock...(didnt know how to fall hunt so we still set up and called like spring...) we had 4 racked shooter bucks within bow range of us before lunch time! one whopper...he came out of the thicket....walked around a while....and went and bedded back down in the thicket....cant wait to bow hunt.....i hope ARs start producing bigger bucks........but i am just looking to tag bigger bucks then my buddys that only rifle hunt! lol.....i got a few BIGGUNS lined up for next year...i let(had to) a NICE NICE 6pt and a scrubbie 3pt walk in the same spot this year....both still alive i think...and me and a buddy seen a BIG 8pt in the same spot in the fall..but rifle season we never seen him....guess who showed up last week as the farmer was feeding the cows? yep out big white horned 8!! and we got a BIG 12pt that is hiding inbetween the housing developments...the farmer already got me a tree picked out!!! we tried like heck to drive him out in rifle season.....but the houses and everything we just couldnt get him out...cant wait!
Old 02-12-2006, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wi thought about it. Hope it never comes our way.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:23 AM
Site Buck Guru

I kinda wish it would come to Wi. I think it would greatly improve our out of balance buck/doe ratio.

Quick Reply: Antler Restrictions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.