Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which bow do I choose????? >

Which bow do I choose?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which bow do I choose?????

Old 01-27-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Which bow do I choose?????

I need any first hand information on the Bowtech Tribute and Allegiance. I like what I read about both of them and I'm having a hard time picking which one to get.
Anyone who has eitherof these bow's info would be approciated.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which bow do I choose?????

are you wanting speed,short ATA long ATA,....if it was me i would go Allegiance and pick up some extra speed but the tribute is awesome too. both are way out of my price range
Old 01-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

What about from somebody who's got both?

I haven't had a chance to set up my own personal Tribute yet, but I've been shooting the Allegiance quite a bit in the back yard this afternoon (got both of them in yesterday; you can look at pics of them in the "Look what came in today" thread). All I can say is "Wow!"

I made some additional comments on that other thread, but I am literally amazed at how quiet the Allegiance is considering its blazing speed.

Of course, my Tribute came in with a birth certificate reading 320 fps for a 29.5" draw length... she ain't no slouch, either!

I guess I'd have to ask as well: What are you wanting out of a bow? The absolute quietest, most dead-feeling shot you could imagine with great speed as well? I guess I'd go with the Tribute.

Are you wanting the absolute fastest, most-smokin' shot you could imagine with incredible quietness as well? I'd go with the Allegiance.

Old 01-27-2006, 04:51 PM

Well, I have a PSE Nova now, and I'm wanting to upgrade. I do alot of treestand hunting, so I figured the Tribute would be the best choice do to the ATA(31 1/2). I also have the slowest bow PSE makes and would like a little more speed(287). What a delima.

Thanks for all the help,
Matt
Old 01-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont overlook the other brands such as matthews
Old 01-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

You really should check out the big 3. You might just like a Switchback XT better or a Trykon. But I gotta tell ya, I had a tribute in my hands this week and it was sure hard to put it back
Old 01-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

dont forget the browning illusion they are starting to make alot of noise and they are a sweet feeling and shooting bow
Old 01-28-2006, 04:38 AM
Typical Buck

shoot eveything you can get your hands on........then shoot what you think you want again. I'm in love with the tribute. hopefully pick one up in the first part of march........

i'll be shooting the allegiance heads up with the tribute before i buy. if they feel the same to me.....probably will i'm going with the tribute. i'll also be helping out TAPS with the contribution that bowtech makes to them with every tribute purchase!!!