Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 finally got the big one.. >

finally got the big one..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

finally got the big one..

Old 12-07-2005, 12:39 PM

Default RE: finally got the big one..

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer_37

well, stuff happens. i'd be extremely mad, but it was legal, and there's not much you can do about. you have my sympathies, that really sucks that they just took the deer. i dont know what you'd even go about doing to protect yourself from this again.

my uncle was elk hunting and had a huge one come to him, he hit and and another guy in his group saw it later and finished it, even thought it would have died. they were very sportsmanlike about, and decided to flip a coin, and my uncle lost and gave up the elk. if people could be more like that, you wouldnt see all this hunter on hunter fighting. respect the animal and your fellow hunter
Is it just me or is every one here missing the part where he said the DEER WAS HIT BY A CAR NOT SHOT? How does that make it their deer? In NC if you hit a deer with a car you CANNOt touch it. Can't take the meat or the horns. Those guys were jackasses for doing what they did
Old 12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

okay thanks guys... now for you guys who are saying i'm lieing and u dont believe me it makes me mad!.. it makes it not even worth posting on here maybe i should find a better site!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: OhiobowHunter56

okay thanks guys... now for you guys who are saying i'm lieing and u dont believe me it makes me mad!.. it makes it not even worth posting on here maybe i should find a better site!

You're blaming us for doubting that you tracked a deer on foot.....shot it who knows where at who knows what distance....right before dark......then grabbed a neighbor from somewhere and tracked it towards a road where a couple car loads of guys saw it......jumped out and capped some shots at it (which you didn't hear) and then when it ran (at the shooters and their cars mind you) they tossed their guns back into the vehicles and not one of them but both cars managed to time it just right and run him over (which you DID hear and thought it was a gun).......then the guys ask you where your blood trail is even though they plan on taking the deer anyways. Finally a friend of a friend's uncle's sister's cousin happens to be telling the same story in school the next day so you are now hot on his trail.

Wow.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:05 PM

I have a saying that goes:

"I may not know what I'm saying but that doesn't necessarily mean I don't know what I'm thinking."

Consider perhaps some people just aren't good with words or written language in this case. Sometimes what people think -vs- what they actually put into words are conflicting in meaning.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: atlasman

You're blaming us for doubting that you tracked a deer on foot.....shot it who knows where at who knows what distance....right before dark......then grabbed a neighbor from somewhere and tracked it towards a road where a couple car loads of guys saw it......jumped out and capped some shots at it (which you didn't hear) and then when it ran (at the shooters and their cars mind you) they tossed their guns back into the vehicles and not one of them but both cars managed to time it just right and run him over (which you DID hear and thought it was a gun).......then the guys ask you where your blood trail is even though they plan on taking the deer anyways. Finally a friend of a friend's uncle's sister's cousin happens to be telling the same story in school the next day so you are now hot on his trail.

Wow.
Dude....I swear.....you kill me!!!

That is some funny sh## there!!

OhiobowHunter56,

I can understand not being able to communicate through the written word but can you please explain the part on how these hunters were able to get back into their vehicles after shooting at a deer and still be able to run it over? If you don't remenber here is your quote:
the boy told my friends brother that they seen a buck in the field got out and shot at it
So someone got out of their vehicle and shot at your deer and missed, then he was able to get back into the vehicle and have enough time to get up to speed and runover the deer as well as the vehicle behind it.

Listen...I own a heavy equipment appraisal company and all we do is inspect and write damage estimates on heavy equipment. Very much like your local car appraiser for your insurance company when you get into a fender bender but only on a much much bigger scale (cranes, dozers, dumps, tractor trailers etc...)

In my 16 years of doing this I have only seen ONE tractor (Peterbilt if it matters) that actually ran OVER a deer to where it came out the back side of it and he was going 70mph! Now your trying to tell us that a pickup truck....NO, TWO pickup trucks were able to run OVER your BIG deer?! Again here is your quote:
.. as i was standing there talking to the hunters one of the boys told me that the first truck hit it then a second one come flying and ran it over again..
Do you see how this looks strange to most of us?

Obviously SOMETHING happened that night and I believe parts of your story are indeed true but untilyou clarify the story it sounds kinda far fetched.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

MAN THAT sux like an open chest wound ... sorry to hear that ..I'm not sure what you could have done though ...it would be hard to pull a bow on a man who has a gun ..

dd
Old 12-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Silly rabbit bringing a bow to a gun fight.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think we have are first episode of a new day time hunting show. In the spirit of shows like "As the world Turns". We will call "As My Buck leaves".
Atlas your the writer!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

not funny ghemery your a dick
Old 12-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Site Bouncer

not funny ghemery your a dick
Hey OhiobowHunter56,

Instead of showing your age by name calling, why don't you take this opportunity to exlpain what happened more clearly huh?

Edit: Nevermind...I see you already tried.