Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Bow/Deer Hunter >

New Bow/Deer Hunter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow/Deer Hunter

Old 10-11-2002, 11:46 PM

Default RE: New Bow/Deer Hunter

Thanks for all the comments. I read this board numerous times everyday and learned a lot just from reading what everyone else is asking. And titleist you are correct about the cost. Starting out is definately expensive. Most everything I have I got second hand from guys at work. I picked up a High Country Force from a guy for a hundred bucks, everyone tells me it is a very good bow. I also got a 2 man ladder stand from a guy for $75. So I have been picking up little bits here and there. Anyway, thanks again. Got to get some sleep so I can get up in a couple hours to hit that stand.

shoot em up man just loves to shoot em up!!!
Old 10-12-2002, 12:33 AM

Default RE: New Bow/Deer Hunter

I'm realitively new to this board, but not to bow hunting (42yrs) scent free and movement free are much more important that lures, grunts and calls. If you want to try one in the prerut or the rut, tink's works as well as any so does about 50 or 60 others and you'll find 500 or 600 hunters that'll swear by any given one. Should you expect to get a deer this year? He11 yes, if you don't you wont, self forfilling proficies lead to more unharvested deer than mistakes, screw ups and misfortune ever did. Have confidence in your ablities, your equipment and the deer. Good luck and hunt safe.

Misplaced Buckeye