Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

women that hunt

Old 11-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: women that hunt

I say YES! I dated one for quite a while that would go bow hunting and bird hunting with me...it was great.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Bite me sick boy!!!!!!! It is true tho man it gets old after awhile. I heard about it for 2 weeks after you boys headed back east.
what did you hear about????? not taking her hunting too?
Old 11-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Spike

I have lost my last 2 girlfriends b/c of hunting, and I plan on losing a few more before i'm done. I would love if they would want to come along every now and then. I have made it perfectly clear to the girl i'm dating now that from Oct to Jan that hunting is my first priority and she is a close second(wink, wink). I just tell her that she takes priority for the rest of the yr.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

I think you are crazy... I guess you want her to golf too hugh!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Bite me sick boy!!!!!!! It is true tho man it gets old after awhile. I heard about it for 2 weeks after you boys headed back east.
what did you hear about????? not taking her hunting too?
Yep, you always go with the boys and leave me at home. That my friend was 3rd time i went without her this year and i hunt 6 days a week.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:34 AM

Where I live some women hunt... its a very small population of female hunters.... only reason I haven't snagged one for myself is they're all either missing teeth or are so hicked out that they scare me. By hicked out I mean they chew tobacco and can drink more beer than me!!! I'm only 19 (almost 20) and I've only seen one of the mystical beautiful female hunters.... she has a boyfriend already though (lucky fool).
Old 11-17-2005, 12:36 PM

I guess I lead a different life style than you guys then. I can't think of a situation that my girlfriend couldn't be in on. I mean if she doesn't want to be that is fine, but if she wants she is more than welcome. We don't tone down our conversation any just because she is there either, we are not that crude to begin with though.

She doesn't have a problem with me wanting to do something by myself either if I want to.

I am not a real social person to begin with really. I don't hang out in bars or belong to any clubs or anything like that. I have a few close friends and that is pretty much it. I don't do the "Boys night out" thing, I would rather be with my girlfriend and her kids to be honest. And most of my friends have families as well.

Having her around would in no way diminnish the pleasure I get out of hunting, nor would it effect my buddies. If anything it would make it better if she hunted and was good at. We get more joy from seeing others get their animals than we do our own most of time.

I understand that there is more to hunting than just the harvest. She comes with me when I set up stands and when we go shooting in the off season. She even learned to shoot a bow so she could be part of that with us. And now she outshoots most of the guys. She seems pretty fond of my 17HMR as well.

I don't really drink either, so standing around an animal in the freezing cold downing beers and BS'ing really doesn't sound like that much fun to me. Would have been 15 years ago, but not anymore. And hunting with a group of people in a camp type scene in another location does not apeal to me at all either. I guess it just depends on your personality in the end.

Paul
Old 11-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depending on your outlook it could be good or bad. I would like it. My wife went turkey hunting with me once, and except for the spiders and getting up early she enjoyed it but said she'd rather stay home and have dinner ready. She likes to fish and camp, caving and rockclimbing too. I have to agree with Paul's view of things. I'm not doing anything that my wife would be a hinderance to anyways. Sometimes I'd love to share some of the sunsets and scenary I've seen and the excitement of crunching leaves and a majestic rack. Hopefully one of my kids will share that with me.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

I guess I lead a different life style than you guys then. I can't think of a situation that my girlfriend couldn't be in on. I mean if she doesn't want to be that is fine, but if she wants she is more than welcome. We don't tone down our conversation any just because she is there either, we are not that crude to begin with though.

She doesn't have a problem with me wanting to do something by myself either if I want to.

I am not a real social person to begin with really. I don't hang out in bars or belong to any clubs or anything like that. I have a few close friends and that is pretty much it. I don't do the "Boys night out" thing, I would rather be with my girlfriend and her kids to be honest. And most of my friends have families as well.

Having her around would in no way diminnish the pleasure I get out of hunting, nor would it effect my buddies. If anything it would make it better if she hunted and was good at. We get more joy from seeing others get their animals than we do our own most of time.

I understand that there is more to hunting than just the harvest. She comes with me when I set up stands and when we go shooting in the off season. She even learned to shoot a bow so she could be part of that with us. And now she outshoots most of the guys. She seems pretty fond of my 17HMR as well.

I don't really drink either, so standing around an animal in the freezing cold downing beers and BS'ing really doesn't sound like that much fun to me. Would have been 15 years ago, but not anymore. And hunting with a group of people in a camp type scene in another location does not apeal to me at all either. I guess it just depends on your personality in the end.

Paul

Everyone is entitled to their own, but that my friend is boring!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:41 PM

I guess it's all relative, because what you are describing sounds boring to me. And at my age I don't mind boring so much.

I'm not saying I would want her by my side every minute, but it sure is nice when they take an interest in what you do and you have simular hobbies. I am not going to feel bad about having a good relationship with my girlfriend and enjoying spending time with her. If I didn't enjoy her company I wouldn't be with her.

When I was younger I used to think like you guys did. Now I'm divorced with three kids that I never get to see. Wish I would have known then what I do now. I think if my EX and I shared simular interests and were not selfish with our time we might still be together. I didn't hunt then though, she would have had no part in that for sure.

I in no way meant to imply that you didn't take hunting seriously though, sorry if you thought that. I was just stating that me personally I would not be bothered my girlfriend hunting with me as long as she enjoyed it.

Paul

Quick Reply: women that hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.