Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who's goin after ohio bucks? >

who's goin after ohio bucks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who's goin after ohio bucks?

Old 11-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default who's goin after ohio bucks?

just curious to see how many of you are goin after an ohio buck?...i figured alot more people would be coming to ohio because of all these records being shot in these recent years... Remember that big buck that was posted on here a few weeks ago shot on the first day...He was a monster!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: who's goin after ohio bucks?

I'm an Ohio Bowhunter, although this weekend going to our camp in Clarion Pa for a Friday/Saturday hunt.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:55 AM

I am!!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Ilive in eastgate(Cincy,Ohio) hunt in batavia.I've seen a couple of bucks but none within range.I'mreally hunting a pybal doe i have on the property and i seen her for the first time last night at about 70 yards and i've hunted about 20 days all total in diffrent stands!
Old 11-02-2005, 05:05 PM

Im a new Ohio Bowhunter

Just got staioned here at Wright Patt after living in the land of the big bucks in Central Illinois. Im hunting Ceasars creek and on base here at Wright PAtt. Believe it or not there are some awesome bucks here. I'm looking for somemore places to hunt in SW Ohio if any of you know where a lowely Air Force guy could find some good SW Ohio Bux!!!

BTW, Last night i saw 6 bucks within 50 yards still not fighting, but responding to the bleat can. Anybosy see any signs of pre rut/rut activity in OH Yet???
Old 11-03-2005, 09:04 AM

I'll be bowhunting Ohio bucks for the first time ever Thanksgiving week and then thefollowing Mon and Tue w/shotgun. I'll be in Holmes County in Brinkhaven (near Millersburg) where I have permission to hunt. I'm REALLY looking forward to it. Does anybody know what the primary food for whitetails will be during that time of year? The farm I'll ne huntingdoes not have any food crops, just hay fields. Thefarm that abuts the property has (had) a soybean crop this year. I was there scouting in August and saw 1 nice mature 10 or 11 point buck that I would estimate to be in the 130's butI can't venture a guess as to where he'll be this time of year! On the plus side, I can only assume that some buck that weren't there in August will be prowling the property looking for does.....
Old 11-03-2005, 09:46 AM

My friend and I leave tom at 4am from fort worth texas and drive straight thru to pittsburgh pa. We hunt a friends 500 acre dairy farm in jefferson county. Lots of mountain dew to keep me awake for the drive. Staying for 7 days. I look foward to this trip every year.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

You are hunting about an hour north east of my home place, The deer should still be feeding in the cut beans, and ifthe hay fields are alfalfa, clover or birdsfoot trefoil they will feed in them in the late afternoon and evenings. Thatswhat I am seeing around my place. You picked a good county in the top 15 out of 88 in deer kill last year. I will warn you be prepared for world war 3 on the monday and tuesday after thanksgiving during shotgun season.
I am no expert just my 2 cents from whatI am seeing around my place, dont forget to make sure your shotgun is plugged, The ODNR said that last year the top 3 ticket violations were tresspassing, not enough blaze orange and unplugged shotguns, be safe, good luck and enjoy the hunting
Old 11-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Spike

Im have been stark County,and tusc. County,,,Ohio ROCKS