Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OHIO bucks! not enough credit >

OHIO bucks! not enough credit

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OHIO bucks! not enough credit

Old 10-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default OHIO bucks! not enough credit

Does any body out there hunt OHIO eastern ohio for that matter. i always here about ill. an iowa n wat not. but not much from OHIO and let me tell u ohio should def. get a lil more credit i meean our state holds theWOLRDRECORD bow kill and we had that HUGE like 116" typical killed last year. i mean wat will it take 2 get some RECongntion. just wondering does anybody out there agree?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OHIO bucks! not enough credit

Sssshhhh. [:@]
Old 10-30-2007, 07:27 PM

GASP! 116" and a typical at that?!?

i think Ohio gets plenty of credit...i hear it right along side illinois and iowa. plus why in the world would you wanna atract more hunters? lol best kept secret in my eyes
Old 10-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Spike

116" Typical! What a pig!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Zackman_06

116" Typical! What a pig!
i mean t 216"[&:] LOL oh well it was a pig!!!! but i just get tired of hearing about ill. n iowa. but oh well n i really nvr thought about the keep it a secret n stuff but does anybody hunt eastern OHIO????
Old 10-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Spike

I knew what you meant man I was just messing with you, I think Ohio gets plenty of credit for being a big buck state. To me it seems like I hear as much about Ohio and Kentucky as I do Illinios.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:52 PM

haha, I live right across the river in WV and trust me, if you're gettin the bucks we get compared to Ohio, they get a lot of credit. I know guys that hunt over there and they're always bringin big bucks back.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:28 PM

yea we def. get enough credit especially since the record was taken. I wish it would never had happened. To many non residents now adays. And yes i hunt eastern ohio with much success
Old 10-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Typical Buck

I live in and hunt in the Northeastern part of Ohio, and my dad and I see plenty of shooter bucks. We look for 140 or better now so we can let the smaller bucks get bigger. Some people might not give Ohio credit, but over the past 6 years, Ohio has had a few big recordbucks killed. 116 typical? That's a buck you should pass on and let get bigger. It's a nice buck, but wait at leastone more year.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

The difference between the states you mentioned and Ohio is Ohio doesn't carry a consistant pouplation like the other states do. Central to Southern Ohio are far better than the whole Northern half of the state.

If our whole state carried the Southern halfs pouplation and ratio of mature bucks it would be a different story but however it doesn't.

Quick Reply: OHIO bucks! not enough credit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.