Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THE ENIGMA SPOT

Old 10-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default THE ENIGMA SPOT

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=11&Z=17&X=814&Y=1 1139&W=1&qs=%7clewis+center%7cohio%7c

I know we hear it all the time but I must say I am truely fed up with this place. It looks great from every angle but I cant find a spot! I have the link above that shows the property and any help would be great. I have hunted here eight times this year with zero bucks and two does. I can go hunt smaller spots (which I have) and see deer every time! Anyways if you look at the photo I hunt the open field to the left of the major road (the big white patch) extending all the way left off of the screen. I can not go north of the tree line that extends west, the skinny tree line but I can go south cutting those woods in half where that faint tree line is in that feild to the west. CONFUSED YET? That front white field is harvested soy and the complete west field is standing corn. The north feidl above the white (soy) is a bedding area. Anyways I have put my stand in the bottle neck woods conecting the soy, bedding area, and standing corn with nothing. Any suggestions?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:00 PM

Default RE: THE ENIGMA SPOT

Damn, you need a dog,I make a good dog!! In open field country deffinetly hunt the thickest, thicket you can find!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 08:01 PM

Default RE: THE ENIGMA SPOT

Is that a pond in the SW corner of the field ? If so, I think I would hunt around that area, especially during the rut... Just my opinion...