Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another Enigma ? >

Another Enigma ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Enigma ?

Old 02-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another Enigma ?

Guys I am on the edge of buying some and would like input on temperature issues. I need to hear how cool it is in hot weather and how warm in cold weather. I know there are a variety of people here who have used it in different weather conditions. Love to hear some feedback on this before I drop the bills on it.

Thanks, LT
Old 02-26-2007, 09:39 PM

Default RE: Another Enigma ?

My suggestion would be to give Chuck a call and find out what he's coming out with in the near future. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised.

He's a hell of a guy to deal with and even if you don't wind up ordering a set now, you'll be glad you called him.

Either that or shoot dwd a PM and have a chat with him.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

WH didn't you just buy a set? How do they feel in the cold? Noise-Free? Just curious? I believe I am gonna call Chuck tomorrow and chat with him.

Thanks, LT
Old 02-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

LT,

This product is perfect for temps below 70-75 degrees. I've had it on in Africa where temps hit the 80's ( it was too heavy-being honest) and I've used it here in the Colorado Rockies where temps were 65 to below freezing (It's an A-1 choice here). IMO, it would work in La. during Nov., Dec., Jan. and Feb. It might be a little warm anytime else. I believe that is one of the reason Chuck is working on a slip over3-d suit. I travel alot. This camo has been a delight to wear. It is very durable, very comfortable, and it works! Well worth the money!

All the luck to you in your endeavors!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:49 PM

I have a set on order right now that Chuck is having me try out.

I have no hands on experience as of yet, but as soon as it arrives you can bet the farm that I'll be posting my own review.

It's supposed to arrive before the start of this year's spring turkey season.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with iamyourhuckleberry... I don't own Enigma, but I've got Predator in Wolfskin.

I prefer the breathability of cotton in the warmer temps, but it's great when the temps drop. One of the best things about it is it's not made up of layers with glue in between; that's what causes fabrics to get stiff when they freeze.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

LT,
While I have never worn mine in Africa, [8D]I'll certainly echo what iamyourhuckleberry said about the Enigma garmet. I used mine in the neighborhood of 25 times this year and have no doubt it's the best stuff I've ever worn hunting. It's lite enough to wear when it's warm outside (not hot) and yet there is enough room to layer under it and hunt down into very cold temps. I've also worn it in the rain and stayed perfectly dry under my Enigma. Is it tough? Yep, you bet it is. Tough and quiet all at the same time.
Like Dan said earlier, give Chuck a call. You won't find a better guy in the business to deal with. Find a good cop joke to tell him and you'll get an ear full at the same time.
All the best.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:40 AM

It does get warm, BUT, a good base layer designed for warm weather helps that quite a bit. It's PERFECT for layering. When it gets cold out, just put on a couple layers and you're good to go. If you're hunting in the mid 80's up, yeah, it's prolly gonna get kinda warm in there, although it does breathe pretty well.

I am not a fan of cotton in warm weather, or cold weather for that matter. When it's warm out, you sweat, the cotton gets wet, it stinks, and then you get cold........Nothing like sitting in a tree stand wearing wet clothes....[&:]

For really warm weather, I would get a 3D suit....They are made of mesh material and are quite cool. They too, are perfect for layering in colder weather.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

My new set should be here by Thursday. I got the BDU blouse, pants, hat, and mask. I will hunt in them Saturday. Temps are expected to be in the 60s. I'll post a review Saturday night if I'm not too busy butchering hogs!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:50 AM
Dominant Buck

I concur with everyone above. I hunt NC....and the early seson here can be HOT. I also bought it for the open pattern.....for after our leaf-drop....so I wasn't planning on utilizing it in the early season anyway.

Quick Reply: Another Enigma ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.