Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fell out of treestand... >

Fell out of treestand...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fell out of treestand...

Old 10-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fell out of treestand...

Yea, funny how it works...........I'd even venture to say that it knocks the time down to 15 seconds, at least on the Lone Wolf and Summit iterations of the 4-point harnesses.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

To whomever asked about a system to harness you while climbing go to summit.com. You can easily make this yourself.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear your ok....one of my good buddies fell many years ago and broke his back.
He recoverd fully and is lucky he's not handicapped.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

I'm still looking for somthing that you can wear while going up and down the tree. A recent deer and deer hunting servay found that thats when most falls happen. I just wonder why no one makes somthing for that.
the people that make the fall guy harnesses makes one call the fall guy 20ft retractor,,i think,,also check out summit i know they have one.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mrfritz44

It's posts like this that keep me from getting lazy - every once in a while I get tempted to leave the harness behind.

A little tip for those who have the antiquated 4-point harness that come with most stands today:

Mark the inside of the "X" on the harnessthat goes across your back. Reach for this part of the harness when picking it up and orient that X towards your back as if you were putting on a coat. The thing magically seems to fall into place. So simple, but saves some time in the morning when getting up that tree is foremost in your mind.
Thats basically why I decided to post my stupididty. I have read a few others that have fell and were lucky, I figure even if at least one other fellow hunter reads this and decides to use his vest thats good enough for me.

Good tip for them other straps, thats mainly why I shyed away.. Even after watching the video I tried getting all suited on properly and wasent amused. Maybe if I had of asked you guys some tips it would have saved me my bruises
Old 10-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

hmmm, I wonder if my fall scared all the deer out of the county...
Old 10-26-2005, 06:59 AM

28 feet up in a tree? Man - harness or no harness - if I had to go 28 feet up in a tree to kill a deer, I think the deer would be safe from me!

I get 10 feet and start shaking. Once I'm set up I alway think I should be higher, but I can't convince myself to go. I guess I'm never going to get over this fear of heights thing.

...and to stick wth the topic - being terrified of heights, I always use a harness.

Jeez...I don't think this story has helped me any.

Glad your safe! But I'll bet your sore!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I actually thought about using one but thought it would be a hassle or poissibly clang a little the way the harness was made
Yhat's a great reason to get one of these.

or one of these

Old 10-26-2005, 07:16 AM

I guess I need to consider wearing one--glad you're ok!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Dominant Buck

From 28 feet up you can't possibalbly do anything to "SPring" as you land. Your best bet would be to try and kiss your sweet AZZ goodbye. That's really all you can do. You were just one really REALLY lucky son of a gun. I have belts, vest, extra straps etc etc. I do whatever I have to to always be tied in in some way, even when stepping off the stand. On hang ons etc I always try to leave an old climbing belt behind that I can slip up through when getting on or off the stand until I can hook up my restraint system. I always push a rope a head of me with my climber.

Quick Reply: Fell out of treestand...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.