Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fell out of treestand... >

Fell out of treestand...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fell out of treestand...

Old 10-28-2005, 07:39 PM

Default RE: Fell out of treestand...

I look the same way at the saftey systems that are all straps, and that they are just to much of a hasil. i am looking into getting a hunters saftey system.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:14 AM

I'm happy that your OK, but.....

Geeez. That far up without a harness is asking for trouble. I was just in one of my stands today for the sole purpose of having a buddy fine tune my shooting lanes. I had no strap, and felt naked up there (20+ ft.). Just like I feel in a car without my seatbelt on. I couldn't wait to get down. Sometimes it takes something like this to make people see the light. I have a friend that's been in a wheelchair for almost 20 years now because he fell out of his stand one morning. Again, glad your ok man.

The Trashcanman
Old 10-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

glad you're still with us...you're a lucky guy!!

harnesses can be a pain the butt, especially when you're climbin' up or down but it's waaaay worth it....hope your mishap will wake the nonbelievers up.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:36 AM

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

I haven't fallen and hope I never do. I never wear a harness but I know I should... sooooo...
I had my wife sew my harness to a spare camo jacket I have.
No more hassle with trying to figure out how it goes on in the dark

I guess maybe I should start wearing it now. Glad to hear you are alright Exocet
I don't know how much I'd trust that one. Hard to believe any one who reads this forum doesn't wear a harness. Just think how much of a hassle that wheel chair is gnna be[&o]