HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fell out of treestand...
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Exocet77
Fork Horn

Default RE: Fell out of treestand...

ORIGINAL: mrfritz44

It's posts like this that keep me from getting lazy - every once in a while I get tempted to leave the harness behind.

A little tip for those who have the antiquated 4-point harness that come with most stands today:

Mark the inside of the "X" on the harnessthat goes across your back. Reach for this part of the harness when picking it up and orient that X towards your back as if you were putting on a coat. The thing magically seems to fall into place. So simple, but saves some time in the morning when getting up that tree is foremost in your mind.
Thats basically why I decided to post my stupididty. I have read a few others that have fell and were lucky, I figure even if at least one other fellow hunter reads this and decides to use his vest thats good enough for me.

Good tip for them other straps, thats mainly why I shyed away.. Even after watching the video I tried getting all suited on properly and wasent amused. Maybe if I had of asked you guys some tips it would have saved me my bruises