Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit and helical vanes >

Whisker Biscuit and helical vanes

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit and helical vanes

Old 10-23-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit and helical vanes

I have the new QS biscuit and I just bought some GT arrows with helical fletchings. Will the biscuit tear up the fletchings or vice versa? Also what do you think about Grim reaper broadheads?
Old 10-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit and helical vanes

Never tried those broadheads, I'm happy with my muzzy's. I do shoot a 1/4 turn helical fletch on Goldtips with a Whisker Biscuit. The biscuit and arrows work well together until you shoot a deer with a pass through and any damage is done to the fletch. At that point the biscuit only makes the damage/tear worse everytime you shoot. This is just my opinion.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:14 PM

I hunt with a Wisker Biscuit the new model, had a noise problem on draw,tryed silicone with no effect,put vaseline all around the hole,fixed the problem,shoot right ofset vanes and harvested a 155# doe at 22 yards.Acurate rest and a good arrow holder.
Black Bull
Old 10-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

black Bull, do you use aluminum or carbon arrows? I've had some slight noise drawing the alums but the carbons seem pretty quiet. I waxed the aluminums and that seems to have cured the noise on those. The vaseline seems like it might be easier to though. I have the QS deluxe and have been shooting feather and plastic helicals. The feathers seem to hold up real well and the plastic tend to get a little wavy after a while but, even on my old Bodoodle rest, after so many shots the vanes usually need replaced anyway.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:35 AM

I think the helical slows you downa little but it should hold up in the wb. I had the wavy vane problem at first, but switched to the bohning 4" that are recommended for the Whisker.