Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 helical with Whisker Biscuit >

helical with Whisker Biscuit

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

helical with Whisker Biscuit

Old 08-14-2005, 05:59 PM

Default helical with Whisker Biscuit

Looking for others with experience shooting helical fletched arrows through a WB,, I am shooting a Swtichback at 70 lb with 27 inch AC SUPERSLIM's. and my Whsiker Biscuit with 100 grain Steel force and NAP 100 gr Crossfrie. I know I am probably dumb for changing form the Muzzy ZERO EFFECT to the WB, but I wanted somewthing stable to hold my arrow and the groups I get with my field points are DEAD ON. I am talking 6 arrows in a tennins ball at 30 Yds.

My broad heads however dive right and low about 3" by 3" at 20 yard as and 5x5 at thirty. I have tried two differerent BH and in thecrossfire and the Steel force with same results.

The folks at easton sugggested lower weight(which had no effect) or a different rest. I am beginning to think the spine may be weak in the these arrows. I Am going to try the 340's in case the flecthing change does not improve my the result.

Any one else have similar results or can tell me what kind of helical they have shot through a WB.

THANKS all help appreciated!!!

RH

ngeing the arrow to go stiffer
Old 08-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: helical with Whisker Biscuit

Which AC super slims are you shooting? I assume the 400's since you are talking about a weak spind and are considering the 340's ???????

If your arrows are spined correctly I would say that your nocking point needs to be lowered and moved to the right jutst a tad.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:47 PM

would that still be your opinions BIG BULLS if I field point group are shooting the way they are field point are dead one and the BH moves!!

thanks
Old 08-14-2005, 07:50 PM

Right now I'm shooting right helical vanes through my WB, and quite honestly its probally the last time I'm going to do it. The wear seems to be quite a bit worse than with an offset orientation. As soon as these duravanes wear out I'm going back to offset...
Old 08-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

If your arrows are spined correctly then yes I woud still say to adjust your nocking point and your rest a tad. By a tad I mean in incraments of about 1/32 inch. It uaually doesn't take much adjustment at all to get your broadheads and field points to shoot to the same point of impact.

The crossfire and steel force are known for being "field point accurate" broadheads. I suspect that your bow is just a tad out of tune.

This is also assuming that your broadheads spin perfectly straight on your arrows. No wobble what so ever.