Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 learned new lesson today >

learned new lesson today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

learned new lesson today

Old 10-19-2005, 06:26 PM

Default learned new lesson today

today i went out hunting, and gave Tinks 69 a try. dragged it out to my tree stand then hung it up 20 yards away. Well my entrance trail comes in from behind my stand. So periodically i would look behind me and there he was right on my trail. A nice 7 or 8 point. Had i seen him coming i couldv'e got a good shot, but now he was behind a tree and never offered a good shot. So lesson be learned, watch your sent trail. Hopefully he tries to pull that one Friday only this timeI'll be waiting
Old 10-19-2005, 06:28 PM

Default RE: learned new lesson today

sorry to hear that...it happens to the best of us. Probably the only disadvantage to dragging in scent with you is that some bucks can pick up on quickly, and find you before you are ready. The positive is that if it worked once, it can work twice so keep doing what you are doing
Old 10-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear that you did not get a shot at a nice buck..but look on the bright side your scent worked so it should work again. i use Tinks 69 and I think it is awesome. Keep up the good work and good luck
Old 10-19-2005, 07:32 PM

what type of tinks 69?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:10 PM

im not sure excactly which type it is. i got it at MCsports, its the one that comes with the scent bomb canister

Old 10-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

OH Shoot doesn't that just tick ya off LOL,I've never had much success with drag's ,but maybe my timing was poff .Good luck later this week ,I'll be looking for "he's down" post next.

nubo
Old 10-19-2005, 09:55 PM

Sorry to hear about that. At least you learned a valuable lesson, and that's what hunting is all about. As you learn, you experience, and when you experience, you get good, and when you're good...you become successful.. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Typical Buck

If there's a buck in the area they will pick up on it quickly! One morning I used a drag rag going to my stand and snuck in quietly b/c of the rain the night before. I had no longer gotten my feet into my climber and started climbing when a buck busted me....and he was right on scent trail I laid out! Couldn't believe it. If I would have been hunting on the ground I would have been ready....lesson learned! haha
Old 10-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Done it before,Lesson learned