Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lesson learned

Old 10-14-2006, 03:42 PM

Default lesson learned

soo today was opening day of bowseason here in ny. i didnt get to go in the morning because i had to take the SAT. i hunt right behind my house. i went out this afternoon about 2:00. i didnt dress very warm because it wasnt going to be that cold. welll about 2 1/2 hrs later the wind had picked up tremendously so i just decided to be done for the day and go in. so i went inside and did some stuff and went to pick up byu bow and stuff and i look out the patio door and theres at least 6 deer not 10 yards from where i was sitting. so i threw on some shoes and my release and tried to stalk them but needless to say it didnt work. i was pisssed. so the lesson i learned today was to dress warm and stay out as long as you can. sad thing is i usually do both of those but just not today i guess
Old 10-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: lesson learned

Oh well, it happens. If there were six right there that are in plain sight of your house like that I'm sure they'll be back. Give it a few days.
Brandon