Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Quiet bowhunting jacket/pants >

Quiet bowhunting jacket/pants

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quiet bowhunting jacket/pants

Old 09-29-2005, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default Quiet bowhunting jacket/pants

I bought a warm Whitewater fleece, but immediately when I got it the darn nylon liner was much noiser than anticipated.

I'm not real high on Scentlok/block because of the price and I dont think is what it is built up to be. But, the Dream Season Scentblock is one sweet jacket. I like wool, but I use wool pants for gun, and when they get wet they have an orer in my opinion?

Any recommendations - has to be quiet, and warm for late season bow in Wisconsin, thanks.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quiet bowhunting jacket/pants

I order a parka and bibs from Cabelas.
They are Archers Choice.

total for both was 150 bucks.

They are made of Cotton and polyester.

I think they are very quiet and they also come with 7 oz of insulation.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:57 AM

I have the Cabelas Super Slam fleece jacket and pants w/Scentlok. They are warm, water resistant, quiet, and not bulky.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Day one Camo makes excellant fleece that can be purchased with different types of liners that are very warm and wind proof and quiet.The same goes for RavenWear.That stuff is awesome,very nice people up there as well,they are very accomodating.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up the Columbia wool bibs and jacket last year at Scheels , $69 for bibs and $79 for jacket , best purchase I've made in a long time. Can't get any quieter , and you'll be nice and warm during late season.

edited to add: The perfect compliment to the Columbiabibs and jacket is a wool sweater with the wind blocker. I think I paid around $100 for it from Cabelas. I hunted late season last year when it was a balmy8 degrees with a wind chill of - 10 and the only part of me that got cold was my toes.
Now I need a good pair of boots!
Old 09-30-2005, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Any of the Cabelas Fleece garments lined with Dry Plus have a very slight "whoosh" sound when you move. Nothing to spook game but noticeable to the hunter. I don't know if this would be an issue with you or not.

On the other hand, you may try Cabelas Microtex garments. No noise, very durable, insulated and uninsulated and very colorfast. Reasonably priced too.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:45 AM

On the other hand, you may try Cabelas Microtex garments. No noise, very durable, insulated and uninsulated and very colorfast. Reasonably priced too.
Bought a pair of these pants for $54 at cabela's. They dont make
sound when walking and are very comfortable.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:46 AM

I bought the Dream Season Pants and have loved them. Very quiet and comfortable. A little pricey though.
I have the Cabela's Revolution Fleece Pullover in Scentlock and Love it. It is my most favorite piece of hunting clothing. Very quiet and it is made with the bowhunter in mind with no movement restrictions or bulk.