Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Dream Season Jacket/Pants >

Dream Season Jacket/Pants

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dream Season Jacket/Pants

Old 12-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Dream Season Jacket/Pants

Does anyone own this stuff (I do)?

I'm wondering what your honest assessment of it is.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 12-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Spike

Default RE: Dream Season Jacket/Pants

I bought the full suit off of ebay. I love the jacket. But the pants are a little uncomfortable, they just dont seem to fit right. I like my scent-lok pants better.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Okie:

How do you wear your safety harness with the jacket?

Just interested.

Jeff
Old 12-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Spike

I wear my harness over my jacket. It hasn't been a problem, the jacket is a little bulky so my harness helps keep it compact. If you want to spend the money it's a good deal but I would check ebay first cause I got it at half price.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Dominant Buck

I already own it. So....you wear your coat into the field? Do you have to hike far?

What I'm getting at .....is you DO NOT want to wear your harness under this coat......BUT.....I can't wear my coat into the field....and it's not practical to pack my harness.....along with everything else. I'm just wondering how people get around this obstacle (ex - can't wear the harness under the jacket).

Also....what about the hood?

Velcro on the sleeve cuffs?

Zippers?

What's up with these items on a hunting coat??

Jeff

Jeff
Old 12-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Spike

It depends on the weather, if I wear my coat into the feild or not. I carry a pack w/ me and put my coat in my scent bag inside my pack if it is too hot to wear the coat. The velcro on the cuffs is suppose to keep your scent contained more (if it does who knows). The zippers and hood are a little overkill if you ask me. All my stands are fixed position so each stand has its own harness.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's the problem(s):

#1 - The jacket has a hood. NOT a removable hood.....it has a hood. The jacket is pretty snug (as it should be)....so there's no room (AT ALL) for my safety harness to get "out" of my jacket. I choose not to (I know) pack my harness.....since it's more easily put on in the light. I put it on and wear it into the field. This leaves me to put the jacket on OVER my harness (Am I the only one that packs their outer layers into the field to avoid overheating and sweating???...I think not). They just didn't think anyone would be wearing the harness under the suit....and they didn't design for it. And back to the hood.....Why isn't it removeable?? It can't be scent-block?? Heck...it's OPEN in the front! It simply gets in the way. Period.

#2 - Why does a seeming hunting jacket have ANYTHING VELCRO ON IT???? Nuff said.

#3 - What's with all the loud zippers??? There is ONE small pocket on the sleeve that opens and shuts with a magnet. The rest have LOUD zippers. I really don't get it.

I could go on.....

Jeff

I know they went down to the wire to release this jacket for the ending of the show. I know they also went through some changes right down to that deadline. I wish they'd waited a bit more.....and got it right.

Old 12-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

I've been thinking about getting the Dream Season jacket & pants but just haven't been able to bring myself to purchase them yet. The non-removeable hood is the main reason for the delay. I'd like something that is scent-proof but warm at the same time. Any suggestions?
Old 12-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

well to tackle the harness problem if u hunt private property just leave the harness in the tree and put ur jacket on before climin up, unless u use a climbing stand then idk