Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let 'em go and let 'em grow

Old 09-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default Let 'em go and let 'em grow

Haven't posted for a while so thought I'd try to heat it up a bit with my most favorite of topics...letting the little ones go so they can grow. With the season having started in some states and with it right around the corner in others I thought it appropriate to invite those "first legal deer", "if it's brown it's down", "can't eat the antlers" hunters to spend a season letting the young bucks have a chance to grow up, wise up, and reach their full potential while filling their freezers with tasty, tender doe meat.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Let 'em go and let 'em grow

What took you so long? Do you realize how many scrub bucks have been killed already this year due to your absence?

Old 09-24-2005, 01:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm straight I only stick doe
Old 09-24-2005, 01:44 AM
Typical Buck

Bow...if I could reach only one then it would be worth the wear it took on my fingers to type "the message"!
Old 09-24-2005, 04:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 09-24-2005, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

wolfen...thats just the way it is..some things will never change....Some bucks are bigger than others....if its legal its food for me ... Im a hunter.. not a land Baron..I cant afford exotic hunting trips abroad.. I paid for my big game and bow licenses...Who right, whos wrong... Itsall hunting! Ill tell you what we all can do.." .PLAY THE WIND AND JUST HUNT" I was in my back yard shooting some arrows and came to this editing of my previous reply.. All this ethics nonsense always comes up ...I m guilty of it....when I say ethics Imeant in the HUNT SAFE....HUNT LEGAL ..SENSE....
NOT IN THE OPINIONITIVE SENSE such as.... I FEEL, YOUR WRONG, IM RIGHT, FOOD PLOT OR NOT, FREE RANGE FAIRCHASE or FENCED IN ACREAGE and so on and so on..look at all the threads, in all these forums...we are arguing about something we are all so passionate about... thatat times we just LOOSE IT!!...Maybe we should type less and think and.. do more..Be more understanding and not so hateful and disrespectful of fellow hunters points of view or lack of view for that matter.... Whats all this forum stuff about CONDEMNATION or the GOOD TIMES IN THE FIELD...Ill leave you all to argue this out...I now know for me and IM OK..Im going back outside to sharpen my skills GOOD HUNTS AND SAFETY TO ALL PEACE

And to my knowledge...Not one state is out of whitetail deer so there are plenty toharvest in all sizes and sex..And thats the truth!!
Old 09-24-2005, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't posted for a while so thought I'd try to heat it up a bit with my most favorite of topics...letting the little ones go so they can grow. With the season having started in some states and with it right around the corner in others I thought it appropriate to invite those "first legal deer", "if it's brown it's down", "can't eat the antlers" hunters to spend a season letting the young bucks have a chance to grow up, wise up, and reach their full potential while filling their freezers with tasty, tender doe meat.
Why not just accept the concept that everybodycan enjoy the sport in their own manner and come down off your horse and join the rest of us.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:37 AM
Spike

If someone chooses to hunt only mature bucks that is their choice. But to imply that hunting young bucks is "bad ethics" is wrong... IMO
Old 09-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Spike

double entry,sorry
Old 09-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gentlemen, perhaps if all of you put more effort into helping out the sport of hunting instead of dividing those who do it.. we would not have to worry any longer about loosing the sport that we all love to do.

Quick Reply: Let 'em go and let 'em grow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.