Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let 'em go and let 'em grow >

Let 'em go and let 'em grow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let 'em go and let 'em grow

Old 01-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Let 'em go and let 'em grow

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: killer243

in 2003 i was 13 and was the first year i bow hunted, although i saw some deer only two came into range. both where small BB's that i passed up. so it made me realize i had to put some time in onbetter stand placement.in 2004 i scouted very little hung stands in better spots and i shot myfirst acherybuckand also the biggest buck i had ever shot which just got me hooked on bowhunting. last year "2005" i put in my fare share of hours scouting, hanging stands and preparing myself for the season. on opening day i could have shot 3 bucks, two where spikes and one was a small 4 pointer. i was not going to fill my buck tag on a small buck on opening day i had decide soi held out, later that morning i took a big doe a little after 10:30am. as the season went on i shot another large doe and then with a week left to the season i took a nice 7 pointer to end my year. so no while i may not shoot huge deer i don't want to fill my tag with a small youngbucknow next year i amlooking for something bigger then that 7 pointer maybesomething i can hang onthe wall

What does any of that have to do with this topic??
Only that he is maturing as a man and as a hunter and he has learned a fundamental concept that escapes you...you must "let 'em go so they can grow"!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:54 AM

ORIGINAL: wolfen68

Only that he is maturing as a man and as a hunter

If that is what you base your maturity as a man upon then you have much bigger problems to worry about

and he has learned a fundamental concept that escapes you...you must "let 'em go so they can grow"!
Kinda like it escapes you that this is hunting...........not farming
Old 01-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

I saw on a movie one time that shooting women and children is just killing and much against military law. Those guys got into big trouble
Old 01-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's right man..........anyone can double lung those big boys but it takes a cool hand to drill the lungs on a button
The only thing that could be worst is to drill one with a carrot haning out of his mouth[&:], but thank god at least in NY you can not bait!! One of my hunting buddies drilled a button this year, with a carrot hanging out of his mouth