Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 twin cams or single cams >

twin cams or single cams

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

twin cams or single cams

Old 09-23-2005, 03:53 PM

Default twin cams or single cams

is there any big difference in have 2 cams or 1?
Old 09-23-2005, 04:31 PM

Default RE: twin cams or single cams

People claim that 2 cams are harder to tune, but since I don't even pretend to do it myself.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Comparing conventional duals with singles, I will take the singles. Arguments to the contrary aside I have always found them easier to tune and keep in tune. I also tend to prefer the draw cycle and solid backwall of the 2nd generation single cam design.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:42 PM

The new Dual cam bows, as in Bowtechs lineup are virtually tuneless, after the first 200 shots or so, the strings will seat in and stretch, just have a few twists put in them bringing them back to specs, and ur done with it. On dual cam bows the nock travel is straight back and straight forward, plus you can achieve more speed with dual cams. A single cam bow the nock travel moves slightly up and down in the travel.But really its all preference the single cam bows of today are really acurate, and do have a solid "valley". But if your looking for more speed without sacrificing acuracy, the duallys are always my choice. Bowtech has a new line up for 2005 that has the Binary Cams for there duallys, they claim they never need timing because of the way the cables and string work together. Not sure if this helps you any, best thing to do is go to your dealer and shoot them both and see which you like best.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

I started out with old school wheels,and moved up to a dual cam XI.It was sweet.60# 30" draw,and was shooting 400gr arrows @ 256fps.I didn't need another bow,but just had to go faster.Well,I went to a single cam PSE Fireflight 33.I will tell you.IMO dual cams draw smoother than single cams.That oldXI is still in my closet in tune,and has never been out of tune.Even when I was trying to practice sitting 10 yd shots 20 ft high,and the bottom cam hit the treestand,and the string came off,bent my Whisker Biscuit,broke an arrow..You get the point.Stayed in tune though.All I did was put her on a bow press,and put the string back on replace the WB,and had my best season ever.Solo cams are more poular,because some dual cams have problems.If you find a dual cam bow that is durable I think you will like it better.The faster a bow gets the more radical the cam usually gets.Then that means it will be harder to draw.I shoot a diamond now,and believe me it has a very hard cam.It's harder to draw than the PSE was.I will say I have been lucky with bows,as I have never had any to get out of tune.Some twin cams are faster than singles.Good luck to you.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:40 PM

I have always shot dual cam bows.I will continue to shoot them.I have never had a tuning problem with any of mine.Even dropped one from about 12 foot getting down out of a tree.Took it home and it shot just as well as when I was shooting it earlier that day.It is really just a matter of prefference.i like the dual cam faster speed bows.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

single may keep you out of the pro shop for a while longer ...wont it?...see....as long as its shooting and killing..its alright by me