HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - twin cams or single cams
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 08:43 PM
ranchand99
Typical Buck

Default RE: twin cams or single cams

I started out with old school wheels,and moved up to a dual cam XI.It was sweet.60# 30" draw,and was shooting 400gr arrows @ 256fps.I didn't need another bow,but just had to go faster.Well,I went to a single cam PSE Fireflight 33.I will tell you.IMO dual cams draw smoother than single cams.That oldXI is still in my closet in tune,and has never been out of tune.Even when I was trying to practice sitting 10 yd shots 20 ft high,and the bottom cam hit the treestand,and the string came off,bent my Whisker Biscuit,broke an arrow..You get the point.Stayed in tune though.All I did was put her on a bow press,and put the string back on replace the WB,and had my best season ever.Solo cams are more poular,because some dual cams have problems.If you find a dual cam bow that is durable I think you will like it better.The faster a bow gets the more radical the cam usually gets.Then that means it will be harder to draw.I shoot a diamond now,and believe me it has a very hard cam.It's harder to draw than the PSE was.I will say I have been lucky with bows,as I have never had any to get out of tune.Some twin cams are faster than singles.Good luck to you.