Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bug Repellant

Old 09-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bug Repellant

ryhno skin works but is kinda hot to wear. chiggers are a way different type critter than skeeters and tics. a bug suit probably wont work as the mesh is too big. i like permanone and rubber boots. i spray a my cloths the night before. you may still get them though so what i do is bring a plastic bag and change cloths before getting into the truck. go home and scrub up in the shower with a brush and soap. chiggers come off with a little work but are hard to see. they like thin skin like ankles and wrists. wash your clothing right away too. if you take care of thing right away you will get only a few bites. chiggers inject an enzyme in your skin and it causes the itch. they dont burry inside your skin like some think. GOOD SCRATCHIN!