Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buscuits and Fletchings??????? >

Buscuits and Fletchings???????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buscuits and Fletchings???????

Old 09-07-2005, 09:50 AM

Default RE: Buscuits and Fletchings???????

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

atlasman, so you're saying that if you have plastic vanes that, over a period of time have got the wavy, your rest will direct the arrow perfectly? I don't think so.
Where did I say that? If your vanes are wavy then your WB is not tuned correctly and you need to fix that first. I also would not shoot wavy vanes out of any rest.........maybe just messing around in the yard but definately not for hunting.

The longer the fletching the more interference to the arrow in flight. On a tuned setup, the only time the arrow comes in contact with the rest is when you draw. Upon release the arrow will clear the rest completely. Now you have bristles around the complete circumference the shaft and it won't affect arrow flight or trajectory? Right.
Right........If you don't believe it then I suggest you shoot a tunedWB and see for yourself. I have no vane wear, no flight issues and my setup is accurate out to 40 yards with fieldtips and fixed blades hitting the same. What else is there??........add to that the bonus of not worrying about the arrow falling off ever and it is an ideal hunting rest.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:06 AM

Kentster, best bet is to take it back to the shop you bought it from, if you are hitting bottom of rest, he will have to put a bow square on it, to see if the nock is in the right place, or see if he has put the biscuit in the right place. When you are checking your tiller, you have to measure your string at a 90 deg. angle to your bow, make sure you do this at the same spot at each end. I check this where the limb first hits the riser. On the bottom part where you would add a turn to your bow, when you would add more pounds to it.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sniper are you saying that if you'r using a bisquit your bow can't be in tune? Myvanes do get a bit wavey but my arrows still fly true! I do shoot with the cock vane up.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:12 PM

Mathews bows can be set at an even tiller by simply backing both limb bolts out the same number of turns each.

So can other bows.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>