Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Treestand Pack??? >

Treestand Pack???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand Pack???

Old 09-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default Treestand Pack???

What kind of treestand pack do you use? I have a regular backpack that I have to strap to the back of my climbing treestand to get to the tree. I then put it on to climb the tree and then secure it to the tree to hunt. Do you do something different? WHAT?? I am thinking about making a pouch bag to attach to the arms of the stand so I can have things readily available while I am in the stand. I don't like having to stand up, turn around and then dig through my backpack. So fess up...what do you take into your treestand?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Treestand Pack???

I have a regular backpack that I have to strap to the back of my climbing treestand to get to the tree.
I use pretty much the same but don't wear it on the way up. I hook my bow and backpack together to haul up into the stand once I am secure. I then hand the pack on the tree itself via a branch or hook.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:22 AM

I just use a big arse fanny pack..... I tried the back pack thing, but it always got in the way, especially when hiking with the stand....
Old 09-13-2005, 09:19 AM

I use the Summit Side Bags.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:35 AM

I have always used a fanny pack. I just purchased a Primos bowhunting vest and used it Saturday. It has pockets on the outside for calls, rangefinders, clippers, ect. and also has pockets on the inside for other gear. I think its definitely worth the money. I also got tired of reaching around to get something out of my pack.. Check it out at Cabelas. Hope that helped.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a large fanny pack that I have recently started to attach to the stand to pack in. Iusually just attach the pack to the top section of my climber and climb with it in place.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

I have looked at fanny packs and other to see how I could attache them to the stand but they usually have belts or clips running the wrong direction. I am trying to find something that I can tie or clip to the side arms. Tree Lounger has a nice pack but it is $40. I will have to look at the Summit bag. I just received their catalog in the mail Monday but the only bag I saw looked like it was just an open mouthed bag. Am I wrong?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:04 AM

Hey WARedBear, there is a packed designed especially for use in a tree stand. It has it's own strap to tie it to the tree and when you open the pack, it folds out and exposes a bunch of mesh pockets that holds whatever items you may need to get at quickly. It looks really neat. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the thing but it's named after one of the big time hunters, maybe Dwight Shuh. Hope this helps you.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:10 AM

I hunt where it's hot, so I have a backpack with a hydration bladder in it. I also carry 2 additional bottles of water for all day hunts. Actually, I have found it more comfortable to wear the backpack and then carry the treestand on top of it. When I get up the tree, I strap the backpack to theside so I can get to it.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:59 AM

I leave my bow on the ground or propped against another nearby tree (making sure to attack my pull rope to the bow!!), already have my full body harness on underneath my gear and attach my backpack to my back as I climb the tree. However, most hunts I am only hunting 2-4 hours and no need for the backpack. During the rutt or shotgun season when I stay in the woods all day, the backpack is fully packed and sits under my seat for easy access to water and food.

Quick Reply: Treestand Pack???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.