Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 to all climber users... >

to all climber users...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

to all climber users...

Old 08-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: to all climber users...

Bungee cord and ratchet straps ususally work well in packing most climbing treestands. In many cases both sections of the platform will slide into one another for easier packing.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:24 AM

try the camping section at wal mart(or similar) they should have some 'all purpose' straps with a simple spring loaded lock.

i usually have a few around me, just in case
Old 08-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

I'm getting use to the stand and love it. I think I'm going togo with a ratchet strap to bundle the stands together. I'm going to look for some backpack straps and get those attatched. My next question is, how many of you honestly use your safety harnass while climbing up? I have used mine both times, but it is somewhat restricting, but for good measures. I have the full body harnassand when I'm standing I have a hard time shooting back towards my right. It will have to work.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

I climbed about 10' up a tree this weekend with my new stand and harness and I kept getting the harness strap caught under the stands top cable around the back of the tree. I thought about waiting until I get to my desired height to attach the harness to the tree. I think it would depend on what type of tree I'm climbing and if I'm getting a good grip or not.

I took my new stand out last night and attached it to my "smooth tree" so I could get a picture of the sniper cover I made.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigBuckShooter
My next question is, how many of you honestly use your safety harnass while climbing up?
I wouldn't even think of climbing up a tree without my harness! OMG.... I mean like...

I have a Summit Viper X4 with the Seat 'o The Pants harness, and I am totally secure and comfortable22' up in a tree.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:39 AM

i need a new strap for my harness i dont like the one it came with
Old 08-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't use my strap while climbing up with my climber, it would take me 1/2 hr to get up the tree. I just go up easy and safely, and so far have not had any problems. But I always wear it once I'm stopped where I am going to be.

In fact, it's weird...kinda like wearing a seat belt in a car. I feel naked without it. Last year one time, I forgot my belt...and didn't have time to go all the way back and get it. I felt weird the whole time I was up there. I think what makes it so strange for me, is that for years, I never wore one...and was perfectly fine 20' up.