Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Year 2 for my young hunter !!! >

Year 2 for my young hunter !!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Year 2 for my young hunter !!!

Old 09-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Year 2 for my young hunter !!!

ORIGINAL: fl.huntress

best of luck to both of y'all...y'all be safe!!
from me too
Old 09-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe the children are our future....teach them well and let them lead the way
Old 10-10-2005, 05:28 PM

Default RE: Year 2 for my young hunter !!! update 10/10/05

After 2 to 3 weeks of me telling my son he needs to put a treestand up were 2 plots of woods, 2 fields and a swamp form a funnelarea hefinally decided to go sit in the corner of the funnel. He used some down tree branches to make a quick ground blind and settled in.

He saw 3 does and a huge ( his words) 8 point all walk within 15 yards of him. He said he couldnt get his bow up cause the buck was acting cautious.

So, to make a long story short when I picked him up at the road edge he jumped in and said " ok Dad maybe you do know something about hunting".

So far this year he has not taken a shot but he is learning valuable lessons about bowhunting. Who wants to bet after school tomm. he will want me to help him hang a stand in that corner?)

Dave
Old 10-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its good you do something like bow hunting with your son. I used to enjoy fishing and muzzle loading with my son. Then when he turned 16 things changed (car, girlfriend). Since his 16th birthday 6 years ago, we've been fishing twice and hunting once. Sure do miss it. Friends tell me he'll come back, but until he does, sure sucks.Cherish every minute. Good luck to both of you.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:29 PM

As predicted, this morning before school my son begged me to help him put a treestand up when he got home. So being the great DadI am,I got off at 130pm ran home and put a treestand up in the funnel area my son ground hunted lastnight.

Needless to say he was happy when he got home at 230pm and asked me to help him put up a standreal quick and I told him I had already taken care ofit. He went and took a shower, dressed and grabbed his bow jumped on his bike and headed up the dirt driveway towards the woods).

20. mins later he called me on the radio informing me he was in his stand with his harness on ( I always make him tell me that for safety reasons) and he loved the spot I picked. He said it was about 10 yards from were he saw the nice buck and doe lastnight.

He is up there now, let's see what happens.

Dave
Old 10-11-2005, 02:43 PM

Good luck to the both of you and I hope for your sake he doesn't out do you because you'll never hear the end of it.