Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 When Leasing Land....??? >

When Leasing Land....???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When Leasing Land....???

Old 08-12-2005, 09:57 PM

Default When Leasing Land....???

Do you just give the farmer the money and you got permission, or should I some kind of papers stating the rules we comprimise on or what? I have never leased before but don't really have much of a choice this year because i went and talked to him late figuring he was going to say yea but that didn't happen so yea And i asked everyone else i know if i could hunt and they all say yea for $$.

Any suggestions would be appriciated thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:06 AM

Default RE: When Leasing Land....???

I'd suggest getting it in writing. That willprevent anydisputes concerning the agreement that may occur later on. I think it would be the safe thing to do.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:14 AM

yeah for sure make somekind of Written agreement so he/she can go pack on you saying that your tresspassing etc..
Old 08-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

YES!!! Get it on paper, the complete terms of the lease, how much was paid, and lenght of time said land is leased for.....
Old 08-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

A lease is a legal contract in writing, not permission on a piece of paper or a verbal OK from the land owner. Find a reputable real estate broker or attorney that will supply you with a lease contract form. Both you and the land owner will need to sit down and agree on the terms, price, conditions, and length of contract. After you are in agreement, take the contract to your attorney or local district justice for notification. Now you have a legal, binding contract between the parties. Anything less and you're asking for problems. It's usually the lessee that gets the dirty end of the stick if not in writing.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:24 PM

Here in case anyone else may need this I found a website that you just type in the provided blanks your information and it puts it into a lease for you.

https://www.legaldocs.com/docs/hunt_1.mv