Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nocks too tight ??? >

Nocks too tight ???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nocks too tight ???

Old 08-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nocks too tight ???

I went back to the archery shop and picked up my other 1/2 dozen arrows and they cut them there as I watched. I asked the owner again, "are these too tight"? He asked his wife there who was real good in archery and asked her if they were too tight? She nocked an arrow and pulled on it, she said, " it was really too tight. I suspected that but wasn't sure. Her key words was, " REALLY TOO TIGHT". I said what are my options and I asked her like you said D.C., How about soaking them in boiling water? She looked at me and I thought she was going to slap me. I said "did I say something wrong"? She told me that wasn't a good ideal as it reuins the integrity of the nock and it may have a tendacey to come off in which may result in a dry fire. I said, okay now what? She looked at my server on my string and said we can down size it to accomodate the nocks. So for $5.00 I had her redo my server to a smaller size to accomadate the nocks.
Rob, what you said was consistant, they were very consistantly tight, to the extreme that they were too tight, each and every arrow. These were really tight and I didn't know the perameters on the tolerance. I guess time will tell. Thanks for all the help folks.
Bobby