Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How to get hunting equipment for free. >

How to get hunting equipment for free.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to get hunting equipment for free.

Old 08-13-2005, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default How to get hunting equipment for free.

At Christmas and for your birthday......request hunting clothes, bowhunting equipment, and other hunting items.

1. Tell your wife or girlfriend and loved ones that you absolutely need these things to hunt or you are wasting your time in the woods.

2. Tell them you have enough regular clothes(even if you are down to one good pair of jeans), and you have plenty of shirts(even if they are old faded ones). Tell them a new insulated camo jacket is more practical because it can be worn anywhere at any time. Let them know having that new camo means you feel good and look good in the woods.

3. Tell them hunting boots can be worn anywhere, but new tennis shoes or dress shoes cannot be worn in mud or streams.

4. Tell them your arrows are bent and that bent arrows will not put food on the table.

5. Tell them your broadheads need new blades or that you need new broadheads.

6. Tell them you need a new knife or a sharpener for your drawer full of knives or you will be unable to field dress the deer you shoot with your new arrows and broadheads.

7. Tell them a new lantern or LED light is a must in tracking an animal after dark and that its needed for safety reasons.

8. Tell them that by using the latest gadget or special item just out on the market it will make you a better bowhunter.

9. Tell them that a treestand, climbing sticks, etc. you want is much improved and guaranteed to keep you safe so that you can make it back into their loving arms.

10. Tell them they will feel proud to know they helped make you feel better and look better when in the woods.

Last but not least, just in case they forget any or all of the 10, and they buy you something else..................................... tell them to make sure to keep the receipts!

Old 08-13-2005, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How to get hunting equipment for free.

Last but not least, just in case they forget any or all of the 10, and they buy you something else..................................... tell them to make sure to keep the receipts!
LOL
Among other gifts, I always ask for a gift certificate from Sports Authority. This way it pays for my licenses' stamps and permits.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

I also try to get hunting stuff for my B-day or X-mas.. Usually I just ask for money because I know what I want and don't feel like returning something that wasn't what I wanted. The wife, for my wedding present, got me a bow. Mathews LX to be exact. Better then the dumb expensive watch she wanted to get me, especially since I don't wear watches.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:53 PM

i get all the goodies for my bday and christmas, release's, bow case, camo, gift cards for sport shops, a fishing trip to canada for a week, other hunting stuff...
Old 08-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont really get hunting stuff for birthdays and Christmas. I get the stuff i really need. Then take all the money that i asked for and get the good stuff!
Old 08-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

For the last 21 years my dad picked upmy hunting and fishing license for my bday. Last December put an end to that streak! He was low on cash I guess.

Old 08-13-2005, 07:16 PM

My birthday is 3 days before the opening of archery season. I ALWAYS use that day and Christmas to load up on hunting gear.