Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need some expert opinions >

Need some expert opinions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need some expert opinions

Old 09-25-2002, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need some expert opinions

I had my bow shooting great. Yesterday I went to bow shop to get my peep sight fixed because it wasn't lining up right. Had to fool with it all the time and I still do so I dont know what he fixed. He said he took some twist out of it. Went out to shoot a few today and I'm WAY high and to the left. I also had my arrows refletched. Could either one of these have caused this or did i just hit my site on something?
Old 09-25-2002, 07:08 PM

Default RE: Need some expert opinions

Taking a little twist out of the string shouldnt affect it that much I wouldn't think,is your peep tied in place or could it possibly have moved? Rest been bumped or like you say the sight? If all is tight adjust your sights to get back on target and then paper tune from there. Anyone else got suggestions?
Old 09-25-2002, 07:12 PM

I'm no expert, but if my figuring is correct, he may have moved your peep down on the string. Does it feel as though your holding point has moved (where your release hand is in relation to your face). Shooting left could be any number of things.

He didn't need to untwist the srting, all he needed to do was move some of the strands from one side to the other and move the same number to the otherside (it's important to keep the same number of strands on either side whenever possible).

Things like this are why I learned to do most minor repairs myself. It's not difficult, and it really helps you understand your equipment better. It also might let you make minor repairs in the field and help save an otherwise ruined hunt.

I'm not preaching, just offering my advice.

Visit my hunting homepage.... http://www.geocities.com/hogshooter_2000
Old 09-25-2002, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

The peep will move a little if i push on it. Everything else seems secure on it. What about the refletched arrows? What do ya'll think I should do to get back on target. I'm very new to bowhunting and have no clue about paper tuning. My arrows go in pretty straight.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]