Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Couple of Questions about nocks for goldtips >

Couple of Questions about nocks for goldtips

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Couple of Questions about nocks for goldtips

Old 07-28-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Couple of Questions about nocks for goldtips

I have two quick questions:

1) What type of nock will fit goldtip 55/75 hunters? Will, for example, the bohning signature nock fit them, or will only the nocks made by gold tip (gt series) fit them?

2) If only the goldtip nocks will fit, where is the best place to buy them online? Neither Cabelas nor Bass Pro carry them. I have found them online, but they are at companies I haven't heard of, and I don't really like buying stuff online from people I don't know, unless someone recomends them.

thanks
Old 07-28-2005, 10:09 PM

Default RE: Couple of Questions about nocks for goldtips

I don't know if other brands of tips will work. I do have strong feelings on the GT nocks however. Steer clear of the style with the nut/allend wrench tightening mechanism. I've not had good luck getting these to shoot dependably. They also can be overtighted which can be hard on the ends of the arrows for cracking. On the other hand, the other available nock style (forgot the name--its longer and does not have the tightening mechanism) have worked alot better. In any dozen arrows, I still find that I may have to rotate the nocks on a third of the arrows to get them to shoot with the others. Also seems like I'll have one or two arrows I need to scrap the nock on altogether. For hunting arrow, its is critical in my experience that you throw a broadhead on your hunting arrow and compare the point of impact at 45 yds. You can check a dozen arrows in half hour--sometimes it necessary to shoot the same arrow 2 or 3 times to be sure its the set up and not a bad shot. I've found that if you don't go through this exercise, a handful of arrows will shift your point of impact 3"-5" (ususally vertically), and one or two arrows that are out even farther. If you shooting is <20yds, it might not be so critical. If you shoot longer ranges, this exercise is essential. I've found that the use of broadheads is helpful because they highlight any problems--harder to see the difference with field tips. The problems are reduced (not eliminated)on a drop away rest when compared toa traditional fingers rest (quick tune)for me. The more I shoot, the more I've come to believe that misaligned nocks are the real culprit when having shooting consistency problems. I think it is a real mistake to throw broadheads on new unshot arrows and assume they will all shoot consistently. Anyone using another brand of nocks that are more consistent? I'd sure love to hear about them. Other than this, sure love the gold tips.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:14 PM

Use regular easton uni-nocks. I always get rid of gold tip nocks and put these in instead.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:35 AM

I like the GT nocks personally. They are tough, hold the arrow securely, and release from the serving well. Basically the preform as designed. If you're looking to buy some on line you can try above timberline @ http://www.above-timberline.com/.

Doug is about 100 miles from the gt plant in UT. I've had nothing but positive experiences dealing with him. My arrows are always w/i spec and he dose custom fletching as well. I'm certain he'll have no problem with nocks for gt's.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

eders.com

if you havent bought from them, they are a pretty big (i think) or at least very reputable online hunting store

I bought a dozen custom flteched arrows and was very happy with them
http://www.eders.com/Gold-Tip-G-Seri...52,58,220.html
Old 07-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the regular GT nocks in my 75/95's for hunting. For 3D in my Pro 22's, I use Easton Uni nocks for the G-nocks (smaller hole than regular uni nocks) in the 2114 aluminum size, and then the g nocks in them. I like the uni/Gnocks because other guys that shoot at me don't seem to be able to wreck my arrows this way....before them I had a few pro 22's fall victim to other guys.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:58 PM

if i was you i would go to a archery shop for help