Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Find the deer

Old 07-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Find the deer

Heck, I sneaked right in front of them(well strolled really) walking up on the two in the field and never saw them. I never would if the one hadn't twisted his rack once. The one the other day was really neat because I was standing on this little berm. I was watching two others about 60 yards away and never saw the closer one until I picked out the shape of a rack facing me. He was laying in two feet of grass with his head up but tilted back like he was looking down his nose at me. He never flinched or blinked an eye. He stayed bedded the whole time. I honestly believe 99 out of 100 hunters would have walked right by him in the woods, in this case a wide open field.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Unpressured deer act nothing like hunted deer where I live.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:12 PM

Most of the time I hunt in farm country.The deer act like big rabbits.Sometimes you almost have to step on them before they get up and run.
I can't imagine how many deer have let me walk right by them and never moved.
I wonder if farmland deer get use to humen scent and tolerate it more than bigwoods deer?