HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Find the deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/105874-find-deer.html)

davidmil 07-17-2005 08:31 PM

Find the deer

OK, the first two are easy, but this is the deal. I've been seeing three macho buck on my walks with my kids dog. They hide out in this grown over field right beside the school playground. Anyway, I've had them close a couple times and wish I'd had the camera. Like this AM. I saw this one horn bob up and down and saw it was a big one. I was about to leave and noticed this macho buck laying down between the other deer and I. He just had his nose stuck up enough to look over the grass. A non hunter would have never know he was there. He never flinched. Just stared to see if I was going to leave the lawn and enter his domain. The grass where he lay was maybe 2 and a half feet. I left him undisturbed. So tonight I said I'd take my camera. When we get to the school yard there are two little bucks feeding on the clover. The dog(on a leash) and I walk right at them. We get within 70 yards before they decide to leave. I turn to leave and caught movement in the long grass maybe 60 yards away. Then I saw it,one of the 20 inch racks staring at me. Sorry for the pictures, but trying to snap a picture and hold a leash isn't the easiest thing to do. He finally gets antsy and leaves. AS he does I see another that I hadn't seen turn to go and caught him. So in the picture with no OBVIOUS deer are two 10 pointbucks. Can you find them. In the last picture I'll circled one as he turned to go. They hunker down in this stuff and don't budge. People walk their dogs all over the place. This morning I met up with 12 other people and there dogs where the two are in the lawn. The dogs crapped and run all over this place and in the tall grass for an hour yesterday and today. So much for dogs running them out.

OK, first picture...deer in the dog yard. AT the very far right the second little buck is just going behind the rise at the edge of the grown up grass. The one still in the field is a 4 point I believe. I got a better picture of him on my camera.

davidmil 07-17-2005 08:33 PM

RE: Find the deer

OK, here are the two 10 points. They were were to my immediate right when I was taking the picture of the deer on the lawn. I'm 35 yards at most from the grass. The deer might be 50.

davidmil 07-17-2005 08:37 PM

THis deer was standing here when I was snapping the other 10 pointers picture and I never saw him.

johnch 07-17-2005 09:34 PM

Nice pic.
Bet they won't let you so close this fall

Johnch

davidmil 07-17-2005 09:58 PM

I feed these deer snacks in my yard. No hunting allowed in the area. These are Burb deer.

johnch 07-17-2005 11:07 PM

Mind if I hunt them ??

I won't tell on you .

I hunt inside a local city limits , I can only take does ( a agreement with the land owner) and they are as wild as any. So a nice buck would be nice.

If I was you I would be hunting them with a camera.
You could find out habits to help you hunt elsewere

Have you done any shed hunting , since you know their habits it could be easyer.

Johnch

Rickmur 07-18-2005 04:57 AM

If you saw this field you would never believe deer used it, as a matter of fact if you sawwhere David's house was situated you would wonder how and why in the world these deer would make it to his yard but they surly do. BTW, I can't see the 10pts:D

davidmil 07-18-2005 05:42 AM

Buck Number 2:

PABowhntr 07-18-2005 06:04 AM

I was able to pick out the rack on the first picture but not the second until you circled it...and probably only because I was looking for it. Isn't it amazing how they hide in such little cover. A shame it is in the burbs...at least for the hunters. :)

Rickmur 07-18-2005 12:28 PM

Thanks for pointing them out cause I never would have picked them in the picture:D. Now that you know there there keep an eye on them as they grow;).