Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Find The Deer

Old 03-22-2005, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Find The Deer

It is a cold mid November morning. The forest floor is littered with dry leaves. Your visibility is much better than it was in October but so far you haven't seen any deer. You hear steps in the leaves, but you can't tell if it is a deer, a squirrel or some other critter. You notice a squirrel in the same general direction. A few minutes later you hear the steps again, only much closer. You check it out. (Can you find the deer?

It is mid July and you are scouting for deer and deer sign. You follow a deer trail through a thicket and when the trail curves you discover you are face to face with a buck in velvet. You freeze. And the deer freezes. Can you find all the deer?
Old 03-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Find The Deer

In the first photo, is the deer to the left/behind the tree that splits at the bottom then crosses like an "x". I only see two deer in the second photo, well i can see the antler of another one lying down behind the obvious one.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:38 AM

Can't say for sure in the 1st pic, but my guess is I see a piece of a deer sticking out behind the twisted tree in the center of the screen, about half way up.

I definitely see 2 deer in the 2nd pic.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:20 AM

I think I can see 3 in the first. The one dc pointed out, I think I can see legs to the right of the center trees and I thin I see a face in the little tree just jeft of the stump in center picture.

I can only see parts to two in the second. the obvious one and a second's antler right by the obvious ones tail.

I'm interested to hear the correct answer though.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

fisrt pic i see one dead smack in the middle by the open trail that goes left to right , the deer is facing at the camera looking to its left...

the second pic i see 3 , the obvious one , the antler by its butt , and a 3rd deers head comin thru the brush to on the left hand side!
Old 03-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see two in the secnond one and in the first one i have no clue
Old 03-22-2005, 02:31 PM

1pic,is that a nose about 1:00 from the stump in center of pic? I only see 2 deer in 2nd pic.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

i see 2 in both pictures.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Theres a big buck bedded down top right in first pic. There are some nats circleing it,s sac. I see one and an antler in the second pic, but even more interesting is the diamond back rattler pirched to strike at the young bucks next movement. I see a half of dozen other kritters but don,t have time to mention them all.[X(]
Old 03-23-2005, 08:17 AM

One in the first and three in the second, second picture follow the limb out from the deers eye about half way ( the bottom limb ) you can make out an eye nose and ear. Don't look to close sit back.

Quick Reply: Find The Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.