Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spirit of the Wild >

Spirit of the Wild

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spirit of the Wild

Old 07-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spirit of the Wild

I agree with Davidmil and Arthur P's opinions....

There is a lot more to Ted Nugent than is led to believe. Skeletons in the closet, as the saying goes... I read about the"issues" below on Ted Nugent, and couldn't believe it myself:

- Ted Nugent avoided the Vietnam war by getting himself classified 4F by being utterly filthy and disgusting bodily-wise. He wore the same pair of blue jeans a week straight before he was to go to the draft board. He willed himself to keep the jeans on no matter what. Yes, people... urinating and defecating in the blue jeans- to which the Army considered him a homeless bum and so disgusting, they threw him out of the room. [:'(]

- Back when Ted Nugent was with the Amboy Dukes (hit song "Journey to the center of your mind"), he didn't know why the band wanted pictures of bongs and water pipes all over the album cover, and didn't understand what the song really was about. Sure Ted.... Sure....

He is way too over the edge, but I do appreciate what he does for bowhunting and gun owners rights. But if he could ease up a little, it would do more good, than turning off people.

Just my opinion... others may vary....

Butch A.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Spike

i agree....i really hate the show
Old 07-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like Ted Nugent and his show. I don't like Tred Barta. Why? I think Ted doesn't take himself that seriously, while Tred Barta does. Also, as someone else said, his wife has big hooters.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:30 PM

I like Ted Nugent and his show. I don't like Tred Barta. Why? I think Ted doesn't take himself that seriously, while Tred Barta does. Also, as someone else said, his wife has big hooters.
Exactly! 'Spirit of the Wild' was the only show where I have ever seen a deer killed, dressed, butchered, and cooked. Most shows lack the cajones to do even a quarter of that. Of course, that was in seasons past. Now, however, I really think the tv show is in decline. As others have pointed out, it seems like it's all commercials now, there's less information, and the music, while damn good, gets in the way too damn much.

I think what turns off a lot of you is the image and decibel level, but he does that on purpose because most of those non-hunters you worry about him turning off, need the excessive noise level just to make them pay attention. They're too plugged into their iPods. Say what you will about him, but it's hard to ignore him, and that's why he does things the way he does. And, of course, no one makes you watch his show, but you still do. [:-]

In any case, the Nuge is awesome in concert. I can't wait to see him in Detroit at the end of August, for like the umpteenth time. There's no other rock show in the world where you will see that much camo in the crowd!

Old 07-15-2005, 12:53 PM

Ted preaches anti-drugs and anti-alcohol .. those are GOOD things. He's also one of THE MOST outspoken backers of hunting and the 2nd Amendment. He dedicates much of his time to it all too

That said ......... he'sa bit of a freak. I dont like his canned/type shows either. The animals he's killing comes in on a trail of corn mix ........ not my thing boys. he COULD have an awesome show though if he wanted to
Old 07-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

10-4 Datamax, I agree.

HAHAHAHAH CARDEER>>>>>that had me laughing outloud.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drstalker

"His wife got big hooters ,worth watching
THEM"You got that right .But she seems to be such a ditzrealmfg"I did too and was gonna post about it. Did you see the last shot, it was high and a titch back but they showed a shot placement of a perfect behind the should shot. Crap[:'(] "I saw the same thing and agree.psebwhntr16"It was high because he was 20 feet off the ground. It was a perfect exit. And remember. An Oryx doesnt have the same anatomy as a whitetail."Your right it doesn't have the same anatomy,I believe thevitals are much lower and further towards the front of"THE BEAST"I thinkone of the biggest reasons I bowhunt is that it's quiet,and I don't like noise Terrible ted,uncle tedd,motortown madman whatever people want to call him is a bunch of noise [:'(][:'(]

Is this a new thing ,including links to members profiles? Or has your brain been datajacked?
Old 07-16-2005, 04:16 AM

I like what he does for kid's and his constant message about the importance of family and to live clean (free from alcohol and drugs).He is definitely a strong advocate for us!
I do fear that his passionate personality may overwhelm people and turn people off or against what he is trying to accomplish!I would prefer a more respectful (in my opinion) approach.A lot of people don't like the loud in your face kind of stuff.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

No Bowfinatic I just got lazy and copy and pasted there handles,my bad[&o]I agree with alot of what everyone says about anti drug,alcohol,pro hunting and youth hunting.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:03 AM

In a world of outdoor/hunting TV that has become sooooo routine and boooooring, Ted and Tred are a refeshing change. And cudos to Ted for tossing in a little eye candy in the form of his hot wife. At first his over the top religious, protein of the gods rhetoric was a little annoying but now I respect and admire his obvious excitment, passion and joy of hunting and the outdoors. Another thing I like is it seems he concentates more on the "food for the table" aspect of hunting than the endless "POINTS"and "SCORING" of bucks crap that so many other shows go on and on about. I beleive one of the worst things for the hunting movement are the shows with guys like Kim Hicks and Fred Eichman I beleive his name is, his show is put on by Easton. These guys go on and on about trophy this and trophy that, if you count they say the word trophy 10-20 times in the course of a show. They are always on some exotic hunt that they obviously paid 10's of thousands of dollars for and all they give a schitt about is the head on the wall.. I'm not saying that Ted does'nt do the trophy thing, just that on the show he pushes the "food for the family"/"protein of the gods"beleif that the lord put animals on this earth for our consumption.

Metro

Quick Reply: Spirit of the Wild

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.