Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spirit of the Wild >

Spirit of the Wild

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spirit of the Wild

Old 07-15-2005, 07:00 AM

Default RE: Spirit of the Wild

"I saw the same thing and agree.

Thanks for the backup stalker..
Old 07-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

He's just too "over the top" for my taste. I can't stand the guy. He does nothing that I can see to improve the image of the hunter. He's loud, overbearing, totally tasteless and probably turns off more people than he turns on. We all have heard the figures that 10 percent hunt, 10 percent are totally against it and the other 80 percent are undecided. How many of those 80 percent do you figure he's turned the wrong way or the right way.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I first knew Ted (not personally) from his rock career. I went to see him many times over the years starting in the late 70's when he had the largest stadium tour of anyone going. When I first started watching his hunting show, I agree, it was a little tough to watch. But, I am pretty much used to him and the way he thinks. He is an extreme individual in everything he does. He's OK my me.

The only critisis I have of his show is the number of sponsors he allows. It seems like 2/3rds of the show are commericals. Everyone wants to sponsor him.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I kinda like his shows.. Keeps me laughing... Yea BobCo19-65is rite...His shows are bout all commercials.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:02 AM

The best thing about Ted is he doesn't care what anyone else thinks or says.........It will not change him.

No matter what you think of him........he deserves your respect because he is CONSTANTLY fighting the good fight to make sure all of us and future generations can enjoy hunting.

It's easy to critisize from the couch.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

As I've said before, I'll never forgive Ted for breaking up with the Amboy Dukes.[:@] And NO, I don't like his 'in your face' style or his show. On the other hand, he does admire what Fred Bear did for bowhunting, so he's not all THAT bad.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

I think he lives in Crawford , Texas now, but as for his show I dont really like it much, kinda remind's me of a hunting show on acid...... But as for what he does for bowhunting and hunting in general, seems like a good guy, I have a friend of mine that has run into him at the Acadamy sports store Waco and seems to have nothing but nice things to say about him, before people throw to many rocks at him for his aggressive style of T.V. show, check out his Camps for Kids, seems like he does a great job in promoting hunting ..
Old 07-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

He does more "fighting for our rights to hunt" than most hunters do. For that, I will be the last in line to criticize his show, his music, or how he appears. He shows me that he is excited about hunting. It turns him on, maybe more than his wife does! Love him or hate him, he isstrong educated speaker that stands up and lets his voice be heard and will not back down to any PETA loving tree hugger that he ever encounters. I say, more power to him!!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:30 AM

I like his shows, but there are too many commercials. He actually thinks the same way I do, but I can't(or don't) express myself like he does. He gets completely excited about ANY animal he shoots, no matter how big or little, and that's the way it should be IMO. The thing I respect most about him is that he ALWAYS thanks the men and women in the Armed Forces and Coast Guard for protecting our country and our rights to hunt and fish, no matter what stylewe choose.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

He does more "fighting for our rights to hunt" than most hunters do.
Yes, he has my respect for that, but also equally important he is model to children and apiring musicians on what can be done and achieved without drugs and alcohol. If you think that Ted ever did either, think again. He is also in a battle to get children and adolescense off the street and into the woods.

Quick Reply: Spirit of the Wild

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.