Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 High Country Archery >

High Country Archery

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Country Archery

Old 07-11-2005, 09:30 AM

Default RE: High Country Archery

i have the high country tss. Great bow
the bare bow is 2.5lbs.I love that its so lite
It shoots around 340 through a chrono
Old 07-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a Brute Force for several years now without issue. I have seen first hand experience of High Country's customer service....

When I bought my Brute Force I was at the shop shooting and talking b.s. about opening day(which happened to be that next morning). Another High Country shooter was shootingthe range at the time when he had a issue with his bow(broken limb). He came back and discussed what could have happened to the shop owner...the owner then called High Country about replacement limbs, but with opening day less then 24hrs away his season would have took a hit. Instead High Country told the shop owner to outfit him with another bow, and send in the damaged bow.

Now that is customer service in my book, and that's why I'm proud to shoot a High Country.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

i've got an excalibur and a max force. no problems yet.
i will look at high country first when i need a new bow.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:59 PM

I had a HCA Supreme that I boughtnew and shot it for years. When the limb broke, they replaced it in time for Archery Elk - no questions asked. I met Burley Hall (their pro shooter at the time) and he signed the limb, as did TED "THE WHACKMASTER" NUGENT!! Ted "FREAKIN" Nugent!! It was a fast bow, but those hatchet cams sounded like a car door slamming when you let a lighter arrow fly.

Then, I reallygot caught up in the whole speed thing, and traded itfor the BowTech Black Knight.Yeah it's fast (& blah, blah), but I miss that HCA Supreme, and my next purchase will definitley be a HCA product again., I don't know much about how BowTech handles warranties, etc...but HCA was awesome!!

Take care,

a Canadian Archer
Old 07-12-2005, 03:56 PM

my high country tss is very quiet, and does not have any silencers on it.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

I shot High Country for several years and liked them. I broke a bushing in mybow the day before opening morning. The guy at the Pro Shop called the factory and they told him to set up a brand new bow for me as a loaner untill my parts got there! That kind of customer service is top notch by anyones standards.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:56 PM

Gentlemen, my current bow is a High Country Excalibur had it for ten years now. It's the best bow I've ever had my hands on. As far as their customer service there is none that even comes close to their level. When I first ordered the bow it came with the wrong cams and the draw weight wasn't correct. Not realizing this until a week before the opener I thought that I was screwed! I contacted them and they let me hunt with the bow all season and then ship it back where they promptly built me a brand new bow!!! About 3 years ago I managed to drive off in my car with the bow on TOP of the car, at 45mph the bow decided it was time to find the pavement. The bow was trashed! I contacted High Country and explained the whole situation to them and they told me to ship it back to them. They had to replace everything except the riser and they only charged me $50 for the repairs, parts, and shipping. Tell me another company that would do that for a customer with a 7 year old piece of equipment. The day that I decide that my Excalibur needs to be retired I will graciously purchase a new bow only from High Country........just my $.02
Old 08-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

i got an old high country excaliber. ever year i say im gonna get a new bow to stay up to date with the new technologyequipment but i love the way it shoots i never can let it go.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

My current bow is a Carbon 4 Runner Extreme that I bought in 01. It has been a great bow, and would not hesitate to buy another bow from HCA.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:28 PM

Im shooting a "High Caliber" with overdaw. Shoots great and I've had no problems. Great bow