Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 High country archery >

High country archery

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High country archery

Old 10-22-2003, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default High country archery

Whats the deal with high country? Are there bows good quality? how bout customer service?
Old 10-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: High country archery

I don' t know about now, but just a few years ago High Country was one of the top archery companies and made great bows. I once owned a Top Flight and a Royal Hunter........the sweetest feeling hunting bow I ever shot still to this day. In its time their revolutionary dual " hatchet cams" were copied by several manufacturers. Burley Hall and Randy Ulmer both shot for High Country at one time.

High Country is either big, the biggest, or the only one into carbon risers. I am sure they make good bows still.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a high country split force. I like the feel its a few years old but I have learned to shoot it very well.It started making a creaking sound and I sent it back to them and they replaced the whole bow except the cams at no charge. They are a good outfit and I will use them again.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:24 PM

I shoot a High Country Sniper. I bought it used about twelve years ago and aside from having to replace the string a couple of times I haven' t had any real problem with it (knock on wood).

My Easton Gamegetters shoot straight and flat and I' ve never had an arrow that didn' t pass completely through a deer.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot an ultra force and it is great. 2 years ago at my local proshop, a newbie put it in the press and bent my riser![:@] I sent it to high counrty after calling and explaining what had happened. They sent me a brand new bow with my strings on it. EXCELLENT customer service.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a High Country as well...and haven' t had any problem outta the bow since I' ve had it, so I' m not sure how their customer service is...

Guess that' s something, when a person doesn' t have to use a company' s customer service department something must be going right...

Me and G-Dawg shoot all the time too, and both of our bows have performed well, time and time again...
Old 10-22-2003, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a High Country Machined Supreme for 9 years and never had a problem with it. My son shoots it now. It shoots as good as it ever did.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can guess by my name that I shoot a High Country. And for good reason.

3 or 4 years ago I was at the bow shop messing arond before opening day when a guy came in with a high country bow. he had bought it a couple months before season and one of the limbs cracked on it(4 runner I think). So he brought it back, and the shop owner called high country, and since it was goin to be opening morning the next day, they told the owner to set him up a new bow and send them the broke one back and they would send him a new bow to replace the bow he had to give the guy. how' s that for customer service.

so i bought my brute force and it' s awesome. love it, and never had a problem with it.

i plan on getting a new Triple S or SSR next season. Maybe the Max-Treme if I like it.

You can' t go wrong with HCA.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:06 PM
Spike

yes as you can tell from the user name... high country bows in my opinion are top of the line.. i shoot high country for 15 years now never had a problem.. different strokes for different folks........
Old 10-22-2003, 06:30 PM

I have a HC carbon 4 runner that feels like nothing else. Purchased it last year and had my stabilzer threads strip out. I e-mailed the mfg and they were going to send me free inserts but I had already used heli-coil to fix the problem since the season was starting in a couple days. I love my bow but having trouble not trying out the Mathews LX, even if I get the Mathews I' ll never part with the 4 runner.

Quick Reply: High country archery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.