Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 High Country Archery >

High Country Archery

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Country Archery

Old 07-10-2005, 06:34 PM

Default High Country Archery

Anybody have aHigh Country Bow? What do you think of i?. I have a local dealer and am looking into buying one.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: High Country Archery

I dont think very many ppl here like them that much. But i dont know. I think people said they are very hard to get replacement parts for them.....
Old 07-10-2005, 07:02 PM

My respect for their company went down greatly after their [failed] attempts at increasing the speed ratings of their bows by using lighter than IBO standard arrows. The use of the arrows nearly always resulted in limbs exploding at shows and demonstrations in plain view of the public.

I enjoy fast bows, but I enjoy the safety of myself, my family, my friends, and my fellow hunters more. Any company that would do something as stupid as this does not have my support.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

alot people here don't like themas matter of fact about 90% don't but i can tell you some facts first hand cause i've owned them and have shot them all and when people talk about their customer service being bad thats wrong i know that i can call them and actually talk to real people and they will take care of any problems. So now what your going to hear on here is there bows are junk and high country advertises 350 feet per second and alot of people get so upset about that and you don't have to shoot those arrows. first off i have shot those arrows and they are super fast but they seem to damage easy and i don't shoot them any more so i shoot carbon express cx arrows and love the way the bow shoots, my high country 4 runner shoots281 at 70 lb with a 27 inch draw which is pretty good and my bow is about 4 years old now. As far as the new bows go i have not shot the newest bow they've got out but have shotthe ssr and tss with the light arrows and the carbon express arrowsand the bow shoots really smooth and is quiet. you need to shoot the bow foryour self see how well you like it.Now i have a bowtech mighty mite because i had to see what all the hype was about and i can tell you thebowtech is smoother than my 4 runner butnot any better than the tss bow and the newest highcountry is suppost to be the best one and they also have a free bow try out at their website. Just don't believe every thing you hear, go and try them out and get what you want.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

i can call them and actually talk to real people and they will take care of any problems
This is the best selling point I can think of. I'll keep them in mind for future purchases.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Fork Horn

not trying to sell the bow he asked a question and i tried to answer it my point there was i actually neededother companys customer service and have never talked to no one except the answering machine.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have never owned one myself but I have shot several. They had a few bows, for a time, that I would consider owning....the last one being the Brute Force model. That was some years ago though and I haven't given them much thought, as said above, since they started shooting arrows weighing under 5 grains per pound out of their bows. Great, they have strong risers but I would rather seem them go in a different direction.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know about their customer service, but I bought my High Country Extremein 1993 and I'm still hunting with it and it's treating me pretty good. I imaging one of these days I'll have to buy a new bow, but it still shoots straight and puts the deer down, so why should I change? I'm not the type that has to have the newest and fastest gadget out there, so I'll stick with what I have, bottom line is I like it.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never shot one personally, but my brother in law has one and absolutely loves it....
I have no opinion either way.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:30 AM

I was in the market for a bow last year and was looking at either a Bowtech or a Mathews. Well I went to a shop that was an HCA dealer and shot the new TSS and never looked back. In my opinion one of the best bows on the market for the money. Super light, very quiet, shoots fast, and is very easy to adjust. Like deer hunter 21 said, whenyou call them up a person answers the phone and I have found them very helpful in answering technical Q's or with anything else I needed. They get a lot of bad press on this board becuse they tried shooting 3 gpi arrows and blew up a bow at a show, probaly not the brightest idea in the world, but I'm sure we all have some not so bright moments in our past . Like I said before they arejust as good of bows as the big boys but you dont have to pay for all of their advertising and sponsorships like you do with the other ones, in my opinion your getting more for your money.

Quick Reply: High Country Archery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.