Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me pick a bowcase. >

Help me pick a bowcase.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me pick a bowcase.

Old 05-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Default Help me pick a bowcase.

Well, my favorite old case I've had for years is totally shot, zipper is out and the foam padding.......nuff said. Although I prefer a soft case I am willing to listen to suggestions. Hard case or soft case? I really like the looks of the Primos soft case and I know SKB has a well known reputation. Neet and Kolpin also have some nice looking cases. Got a gift certificate to use, so might as well use it for something I really need. One requirement is the case must be able to accept my bow with quiver installed. Here are two I am looking at: first pic is Primos and second pic is of an SKB.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Help me pick a bowcase.

I only have a hard case, a Dosko Pro 44, but will probably get a soft case later. I sometimes put it in the back of my truck so went with the hard case first. I have never tried to put the bow in with the quiver attached but I think you could. It has an area you can attach a bracket to and attach your quiver. I use a Kwickee so I bought an extra bracket so I can just take it off my bow and attach it in the case. Plus it comes with a box for sundry items and will also hold a dozen arrows. I bought mine at the pro shop for about $50. Here is a link. http://doskosport.com/Catalog.plx?ID=50
Old 05-28-2005, 09:58 PM

whats the benefits/downsides of a hardcase and of a softcase?
Old 05-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Typical Buck

Q, A hard case will protect better such as I mentioned when you may want to put it in the back of your truck, which I do often. It will also protect from rain. Mainly better protection for the bow and usually more room for arrows and misc. It is bulkier and may not fit everywhere inside a vehicle. A soft case takes up less room and is quicker use. Most of them are padded and provide decent protection. I'm glad I've got a hardcase but sure would be nice to get a soft case also.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the skb pictured and like it. My axle-axle is 38 so I take my arrows and quiver off and store it in the extra compartments. Before posting I left the quiver/w arrows in the compartment and put on another quiver and all fit well. With in a few weeks all will change and my axle- axle will be 33" so all should fit really well. I recommend the SKB. I see no problems for you. Also has a place for release, arm guard , etc.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

aeroslinger
Rack Buck

Status: offline RE: Help me pick a bowcase. (in reply to Cougar Mag)

I only have a hard case, a Dosko Pro 44, but will probably get a soft case later. I sometimes put it in the back of my truck so went with the hard case first. I have never tried to put the bow in with the quiver attached but I think you could. It has an area you can attach a bracket to and attach your quiver. I use a Kwickee so I bought an extra bracket so I can just take it off my bow and attach it in the case. Plus it comes with a box for sundry items and will also hold a dozen arrows. I bought mine at the pro shop for about $50. Here is a link. http://doskosport.com/Catalog.plx?ID=50

I too have this same case. I can put my new Switchbackin in it with the quiver attached, loaded wtih arrows and still have all the room in the top half for a dozen arrows and other gear plus the accessory box. I also have a older model Dosko bow guard case that I bought new back in 1991 and its still working good today. It has been used a whole lot, so I know they hold up over time. All in all a excellent product.