Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hind Sight

Old 02-02-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Hind Sight

Just wondering if anyone has tried the hind sights and what they think of them.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hind Sight

Have had mine for two years now would not quit it for anything![8D]
Old 02-03-2005, 01:25 PM

Thanks, that's good to hear. I just might have to try one.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:32 PM

I love mine!!!
Old 02-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Typical Buck

A hunting buddy picked one up at the tail end of this season and has grown to like it a great deal. I'm not real comfortable changing my anchor point for greater yardage, but he has adjusted well. I'd say try one 1st if possible, just to be sure it's for you.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

I've got some mixed feelings on it so far. I love the concept on not having a peep, but have discovered it takes a little more effort and patience to get it sighted in. It's odd not looking through a peep, which is probably why it's hard for me to change how I go about sighting in a new bow w/ new equipment. I'm determined to stick w/ it though.

One of the problems I had was the noise it was making while bumped up to my Dusk Devil. Had to silence it by putting fleece pads on both sides of the Hind Sight II plate. It's fine now. Did anyone else have this "noise" problem?
Old 02-21-2005, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

I can't add anything to the noise issue, but I did post some information here about shooting without a peep a while back. I haven't used a peep in years and would never go back.

There's a few things you can do to rid yourself of a peep and still shoot exceptionally well. I don't use a No Peep either, but I have heard from those in the know that they are a good product.

This link should take you there... scroll down, there are some pics on a couple pages too... http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...y=%F2%AF%AF%96
Old 02-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

I have used a hind site for a few years now and this last summer I shafted 2 arrows, one of my own at a target and the other was a guy at works when we were shooting 3D. I would not go back to a peep site.

The only thing I don't like is that it is hard to see when shooting at white targets. Most of the time it is not a problem they stand out very well on brown or gray deer.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Jollyarcher, glad to hear your "voice". I went to the old link that you posted in this thread and I printed that out last August (or so) to try when I got my new bow/setup. I was bound and determined to set this new bow up without a peep. Sounds as if I need to put a kisser button on there as a reference point though. My setup is currently without one. I'll get it figured out...it's just going to take a bit of time...and some nice weather on a weekend here in Central IL...man, it's been drury.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

Man, I'm with ya there hunter25. The weather here in PA is the pits. Real cold, snow and freezing rain on top of that... just got done shoveling... again. Blah.

Matter of factly, I wanted to set my bow back up today, new string and cables... eeked three years outta the last ones and I was kinda pushing it at that. Since I was off today, I was hoping to put the nocks on the new string and get the micro kisser served back on. Don't look good though... phone rang and I got a couple turkey loads to get finished for a buddy of mine. I forgot all about it.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that you can shoot side by side with anyone without a peep. I know you can. You may need to tweak my suggestions some to suit you, which is what makes a good archer better anyway. Don't give up going peepless... it's meant taking game for me when otherwise I would not have had the shot. I'd drive over to help ya, but I think IL is a bit further than my wife would stamp my GOWHB ("Goof Off With Hunting Buddies") hall pass for. Ya know? LOL. Stick to it, you'll win.