Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Sight broke.  Need recommendations for new good one! >

Sight broke. Need recommendations for new good one!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Sight broke. Need recommendations for new good one!

Old 01-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sight broke. Need recommendations for new good one!

Set your pins for 20, 30, & 40.

You may even want to use just two pins to ease the confusion at the moment. If this is the case set the top pin for 22 yards and the second at 35 yards.

Experiment a little. Set up a 6 inch target and set your pins so that they will keep an arrow inside the 6 inch circle then set the next one in the middle of the next ammount of yardage where the arrow hits the top and bottom of the 6 inch circle.

I hope I am not confusing you. It's not coming out the way it is in my head.[8D] Just like a rifle. Sight in your cross hairs (pins) so that you rise no more that 3 inches above or below the line of sight.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sight broke. Need recommendations for new good one!

It's makes complete sense to me. One of the reasons I went from 3 to 5 pin setup is b/c I read a good article in North Amercian Whitetail that was written by Terry Wonderle (sp?) and I know someone who used to shoot competitively under him so I know that he knows what he's talking about. I actually had no problems with remembering which pin was which on my 5 pin setup b/c I shot it so much over the summer. I could keep 3 arrows within a 3 inch group at 40 yards so I was very confident in my shooting come hunting season.

I do like your last comment though, regarding the pin spacing so that you rise 3 inches above or below. Once turkey season is out this thursday I'm going to do some experimenting in the off season!