Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Sight broke.  Need recommendations for new good one! >

Sight broke. Need recommendations for new good one!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Sight broke. Need recommendations for new good one!

Old 01-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sight broke. Need recommendations for new good one!

Well I was going to bow hunt for turkeys today and pulled my bow out of my case to find that the dovetail on the sight broke. Don't laugh at me for this but I've been using the factory PSE plastic sight and it finally caught up with me.

Anyways, I need some recommendations on a good sight that is NOT overly pricey (maybe $50 or under). I want to stick with the horizontal pins (i.e. not vertical pins or pendulum unless you give me good reasons as to why I should get these). I would like to get another (better/metal) PSE sight so I can still use my PSE pins since I switched from 3 pin to 5 pin arrangement over the summer. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sight broke. Need recommendations for new good one!

Look into copper johns and montana black gold for some solid sights for a good price.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

PSE's new "fighter jet" series of sights look to be pretty rugged sights. F-16, F-18, etc...

Cobra also makes some pretty rugged sights for less than fifty bucks.

I have to ask though. Why in the world do you need five pins? Are they set for every five yards or do you shoot that far thatyou need them?
Old 01-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with buckeye, check out the Copper Johns. The hunter model is about 50 or 60 bucks and is a real nice sight. Also, in the price range you can pic up a Spot Hogg Barebones.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Typical Buck

bigbulls, I have them set for 15, 20 26.5, 32, and 43 yards. The reason for the odd yardages is because due to the design of the pins I could not move them up anymore for my desired yardage settings.

If you have a recommendation for a better pin set up for me feel free to expound. I'm open to anything b/c it sounds like most of you on here know a lot more about bow set-ups than me. I've been bow hunting for awhile now but never got too serious into the technical aspects of it. So let me have it!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Impact Archery Cosmic is a great sight ,although it's only a single pin but it's a great hunting sight .the pin's are the brightest on the market and the sight is very affordable .I bought mine on E-bay for under 50.00 and when i was last on e-bay they had all kind's of them for sale. Although you only have a single pin ,depending on your bow you usually don't have to make any adjustment's within the 25yrd range and if your shooting outside that range it can be adjusted quik enough to be get a shot .
I highly reccommend this sight ,I also have a Spott Hogg Real deal which as far as I'm concerned make's a great sight for 3 D but not a good sight for hunting the pin's just don't stay lit long enough to hunt low light condition's .I blame this sight for missing out on a couple nice buck's this season since you can't shoot if you can't see your pin's .The Cosmic give's you that extra 20 minute's in the bush that just might make the difference in filling your tag than not .

nubo
Old 01-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Like stated before Copper John is hard to beat. Been using them for a couple of years now, and it really is a quality sight. Very sturdy and well built. If you want those pins to really scream at you just add the afterburner light. Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:22 PM

I use Toxonics Marksman w/ harmonic dampning. great sight.

Old 01-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I ended up getting the 3 pin Copper John Sight. Looks to be pretty good. Put it on the bow already and got the middle pin sighted in for the most part. I had a $20 gift certificate to a local sporting goods store so it only cost me $43 out of my own pocket. Thanks for the recommendations!
Old 01-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spott Hogg and Extreme Archery have in my opinion, the best made and most useable sights for hunting. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Kelly

Quick Reply: Sight broke. Need recommendations for new good one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.