Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Black Hole Target - 22"x16"x11" >

Black Hole Target - 22"x16"x11"

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Black Hole Target - 22"x16"x11"

Old 08-14-2002, 01:27 PM

Default RE: Black Hole Target - 22"x16"x11"

Just an FYI I e-mailed them regarding the target and it appears they are going to back the product and send me a new one. I will keep you posted on how that goes. If they do send me a new one I will retest it using only fieldtips to let you know how it does. I don't plan on using this style of target anymore with broadheads that is for sure!
Old 08-14-2002, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

the Target that Buckmaster was talking about is the YLT or Your Last Target.

Has a clay center that you just smooth out

www.bowtarget.com/
Old 08-21-2002, 07:52 AM

Good News I got a new target via UPS yesterday. I am pleased they sent me a new one! The target works really well with field tips and looks like it will last a while. I will never shoot broadheads into this style of target again, they simple don't hold up with broadheads.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:28 PM

The foam in this targets don't hold up under a bradhead assault that's for sure.
PLUS the metal banding straps take ONE hit from a broadhead. Bravo to my local Home Depot store where I took the Block after severing the strap. They put new straps on (at no charge)it so I could continue to shoot at it. These straps will also take one hit as well but then they did put two on each end.
I told the guys at Dick's Sporting goods about it after spending $70 on it but they said they'd heard no other complaints. Of course, they assumed I was looking for a refund. I'm just looking for a good broadhead target that doesn't cost a mortgage payment.

Old 08-23-2002, 03:02 AM

They are sending me a new target as well! Seems they had some trouble with some of them not being banded very tightly. If they stand up to BH use NOW...we'll find out. But if nothing else, they seem to have very good customer service!
Old 08-23-2002, 11:52 AM

Anybody have experience with McKenzie carbon block target "lightweight" for $69.99? Can you shoot field points and broadheads? They claim that you can shoot four sides, that it's weatherproof, and that can reshuffle distribution of foam layers.

Morrell also makes a block type target and claims both fiels points and broadheads. Any experience?

Thanks very much!
Old 08-23-2002, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

Moonge and Stealthforce,
Glad to hear you got your targets! At least they seem to have good customer service.
I had the same experience with "The Block". Worked great at first, until slivers of it kept coming out everytime I would pull out a broadhead arrow. Probably would make a great field point target, but for the price, my eternity bag target works the best for field points, and isn't quite so heavy. Maybe the cure is to just buy a cheap, solid foam BH target each year. I can't see any of the layered targets doing the trick with broadheads. Anyone use the big, round foam broadhead targets that Cabela's sells?
Trebark

Become one with nature...then grill it.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:38 AM

Here's a trick I waqs told AFTER I wrecked my black hole.
IF/WHEN your broadheads stick out of the back of the target. REMOVE the heads before withdrawing the arrow. The damage doesn't happen when the arrow goes IN as much as when you pull the arrow OUT! at the high speed the arrow enters, it doesn't move the layers much...but when you pull the arrow out, friction tries to grab the layers and pull them out as well.
I'll let y'all know if this works with my new target.