Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Black Hole Target

Old 07-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Black Hole Target

I just bought the balck hole target from dicks and im not impressed at all. in fact the first shot i took was a complete pass through of the target and ruined my fletchings. i think im going to take it back.[:-]
Old 07-31-2005, 11:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Black Hole Target

try the Block, it's much better
Old 08-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say take it back and get yourself a good bag target. Most of them are literally 2 finger arrow removal and they will stop even the fastest carbons or the heaviest Aluminums and if the outer layer gets shot up, just get a burlap bag and put the old target inside it and your good to go.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Black Hole is okay for field tips. Even though all the hype was that it would withstand 1000 shots - yeah... that's ONLY with field tips. [:-] Shoot broadheads over and over at the Black Hole? Oooooo, you could have some interesting experiences after about a dozen or so shots! [&:]
As me how I know.... Mine is ruined on both sides, and lately I can onlyshoot at the top portion of it or the bottom corner of the other side.

If you are going to shoot BH's into the Black Hole...... DON'T! I'd see about taking it back and getting a better target before it's too late and too damaged. Mine is headed for the dump and I too am in the market for a new target.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

My Block target didn't last very long at all with broadheads either. The new 4X4 may be better, but its design looks suspiciously like that of the Yellowjacket. For broadheads only, you can't beat the value, pricewise anyhow,of the Morrel Yellowjacket IMHO.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with Dairy King for field points. Arrow removal is a cinch and they are much cheaper.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:47 AM

Bag targets are an excellent alternative. Dick's has a pretty extensive number of 3D targets to shoot at as well, with a lot of the prices the same as the block targets. It's gotta be better to practice shooting at what your gonna be aiming at in a couple months.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

had one (still do) and it is terrible and the customer service is worse. I have a yellow jacket now ant is has been good so far.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:43 PM

for broadheads i recommend: the cube, morrell yellow jacket, or stanley hips broadhead target..... for field points: morrell bags targets or the block, but there are cheaper bag targets at gander mt, or cabelas or dick's/gaylan that can be had for under $40....
Old 08-29-2005, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Black Hole is okay for field tips. Even though all the hype was that it would withstand 1000 shots - yeah... that's ONLY with field tips. [:-] Shoot broadheads over and over at the Black Hole? Oooooo, you could have some interesting experiences after about a dozen or so shots!
My feelings on that product exactly. For fieldpoints it is fine but with broadheads...forget it.

Quick Reply: The Black Hole Target

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.