Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 the block or black hole? >

the block or black hole?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

the block or black hole?

Old 11-24-2004, 12:03 PM

Default the block or black hole?

which is better? does anyone have either one?
thanks
otto
Old 11-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the block or black hole?

Havent used the black hole, but the block is great. Don't leave it out in the weather, though.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:44 PM

I have heard some bad stories about the Black Hole. I have the Block and love it. I have shot thousands of shots into it.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:12 PM

my Block is still holding up after about 3 years my friends Black hole didn't hold up for 6 months before arrows were going all the way thru
Old 11-25-2004, 07:13 AM

Dont get the black whole I shoot it out in two weeks
Old 11-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

I have two Block Targets, both are small in size (the portable model). One I just purchased this fall, the other is 4 years old. The older target I have used broadheads on also and though it is a bit "chewed" up in the center...it's still stopping arrows!
Old 11-25-2004, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

Both are made out of the exact same foam from the same supplier. The black hole just isn't quite as deep as the block targets.

On either of these targets I'd reccomend placing a rachet strap around them.. and as they wear compress the target a bit. The bands on both are too loose from the factory.. This makes them easier to pull out of.. but at the cost of longevity... and tightening the rachet strap will make the targets last much longer.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:28 AM

I have a Block and love it. The bow shop where I go also has Rinehart Block targets. About the same price as the large Block target and the arrows pull very easy. Don't think you could ever shoot out this target. It measures 17" square and has 12 - 45 degree edges which also have targets to shoot at. Would make a great portable target.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bayfire I have the Black hole and it didn't last very long after shooting broadheads into it ,but a friend has the Cube and has been shooting into it with broadheads all season long and it's definetly lasted much longer than my hole .The hole is fine as long as it's field point's your shooting into it .I know target's can't be expected to last very long after shooting broadheads but the Cube seem's to be lasting much longer than the hole. I guess your looking for a target for your new MM so if I were you I'd go with the Cube.

nubo
Old 11-28-2004, 07:13 AM

hey thanks for all the info guys i i'll get the block
i appreciate it

otto

Quick Reply: the block or black hole?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.