Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

5 shot on Zwickeys

Old 07-21-2002, 09:13 PM

Default 5 shot on Zwickeys

Hi 5 shot. My local shop is really pushing the 110 gr. 2 blade Zwickey. I have tried this with great results concerning flight and accuracy, but am concerned with the blood trail from a 2 blade head. Total arrow weight with this head is 400 grains at 265 fps. What do you think? I will be after Oklahoma whitetails, with the occasional turkey and coyote thrown in.
Old 07-21-2002, 11:09 PM

Default RE: 5 shot on Zwickeys

I use a two blade Magnus and have never had any concerns about blood trails or the ability to harvest big game(deer, elk, and bear) quickly and humanely.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

while I have not tested any of the Zwickey heads, I suspect they are well made. If you are getting good flight and accuracy, I would not worry about the fact that they are a two blade head. Two blade heads have been killing game for a lot longer than any of us have been here, and thier is a reason they are still around, they work!

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 07-22-2002, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cam Man
I second what colobohl said. I also use 2 blade Magnus (125's) and I have had no problems with blood trails. IMO a 2 blade head (of quality construction, and out of a properly tuned bow) will out penetrate any other head out there...no question. I've had some incredible results with the Magnus heads. I'm sure the Zwickey heads are very good as well. Like 5 shot said, they've been killing deer along time with 2 blade heads.

Old 07-23-2002, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cam Man,

Trust me, you can have confidence in your choice. Zwicky's are an excellent head. I prefer Magnus, but that's a personal choice. I doubt that either one is better. Currently I am using Stos which are more in line with the 3:1 ratio. I believe, but have no proof that they are made by Magnus.

http://www.valleytradarchery.com/stos%20broadheads.JPG