Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Peepless sights

Old 07-16-2002, 08:02 AM

Default Peepless sights

I am sure this is an old topic, but the search does not go back far enough for me to found what I want to know about them. Last year I used a normal peep, whisker biscuit, mech release, and a cheap truglow site. However I missed out on two shots at 10yd does from low light conditions from the peep. It was too dark and the peep was total black, the cheap sites fiber optics had just faded outa few minutes before. I could see the doe at the fence row each time and I was just sitting on the ground in a chair in some brush. Took the shot by trying to aim down the arrow. With a biscuit that is difficult, but I have practiced it for 10-15 shots but don't like the approach.

Brother says just remove the release, sights and biscuit and compound freestyle it as he used to. I got a low light peep, but figure it won't really allow me to shoot then either. I am not really interested in this approach as we also hunt on farm land (30yd shots common).

I have looked at Yikes, Hind and other front/back sight systems. Does anyone use these? Accuracy reduction from lack of distance between front/back point?

Have thought about getting a better fiber optic sight. Do the more expensive sights or those that have more fiber optics stay lit an extra 5 minutes? I have the Walmart/KMart true glow 3 pin site.

Will these matter or am I just trying to push the legal time and should just let the doe go?
Old 07-16-2002, 10:17 AM

Default RE: Peepless sights

compound, if you search the "TECHNICAL" section for "no-peep", you will get some info on the NO-PEEP (which I own and love), YIKES and HINDSIGHT, which are all peepless sighting devices.

As far as the better fiber optic sights, I just changed to a Trophy Ridge Nitro Extreme (which comes with glow sticks), and am very pleased with these sights. Lots of natural light gathering capabilities, and with the glow sticks, possible to see the sights in TOTAL darkness! I do know there are others out there with the same qualities.

BUT, these are my own personal opinions, please check out what would be best for YOU.
Old 07-16-2002, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peepless sights

I use the Hindsight along with a Tritium FO pin on the 20 yard pin. Low light visibility is EXCELLENT. I had a no-peep last year and it was o.k., but I like the Hindsight better. Whatever lifts your skirt!